UConn at Oregon Replay | The Boneyard

UConn at Oregon Replay

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I uploaded the UConn at Oregon replay to my YouTube channel:

Thanks MJL243, I missed the first half today.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Nursing a 20-pt lead with 3 minutes left, Graves played three of his starters till the final buzzer, probably would've been four had Sabally not gotten hurt. And the two subs were his best bench players in Prince and Watson.

Just find that interesting after all the post-game commentary when Paige got injured.

Reaction Score
Like many I watch and rewatch endless replays courtesy of MJL243. Health, finances, age, and geography are major challenges for this old Husky…MJL is a big deal to me…and I suspect for uncounted others.
But, going back to the 90s with the VCR, I have never watched us lose via a recording. Just. Can’t. Do. It.
I’ll see it live. Experience it live. Once is enough.
And I love being a bit spoiled.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Like many I watch and rewatch endless replays courtesy of MJL243. Health, finances, age, and geography are major challenges for this old Husky…MJL is a big deal to me…and I suspect for uncounted others.
But, going back to the 90s with the VCR, I have never watched us lose via a recording. Just. Can’t. Do. It.
I’ll see it live. Experience it live. Once is enough.
And I love being a bit spoiled.
Same here. I really, really appreciate the work MJL243 does for us but I don't watch the replay of games we lost. However, I have been tempted to watch the Louisville game replay because to me that was Caroline’s coming of (UConn) age.

Reaction Score
Can anyone highlight off-hand from game recall or replay viewing which guard Geno was referring to in his postgame PC when he recounted playcalling & execution sequence involving entry pass to wrong big before intended 3P kickout (Liv instead of Aliyah first) on backend of successful initial execution resulting in high-low ONO layup (in response to media question about his self-effacing coaching criticism)?

Separately re: Geno pressers, my clear interpretation of his own coaching jabs are bitterly sarcastic & in fact digs on his players. He rarely, if ever, omits ensuing disclaimer about overarching program history of success. Yes, he’s a coaching genius with an unparalleled track record. But crucially also yes, today’s youth are wired differently & almost certainly require communication tweaks for effective messaging/rapport. Not zero-sum.

Reaction Score
Can anyone highlight off-hand from game recall or replay viewing which guard Geno was referring to in his postgame PC when he recounted playcalling & execution sequence involving entry pass to wrong big before intended 3P kickout (Liv instead of Aliyah first) on backend of successful initial execution resulting in high-low ONO layup (in response to media question about his self-effacing coaching criticism)?

Separately re: Geno pressers, my clear interpretation of his own coaching jabs are bitterly sarcastic & in fact digs on his players. He rarely, if ever, omits ensuing disclaimer about overarching program history of success. Yes, he’s a coaching genius with an unparalleled track record. But crucially also yes, today’s youth are wired differently & almost certainly require communication tweaks for effective messaging/rapport. Not zero-sum.
Westbrook was the passer. Top of circle left, ONO was looking the other way towards Edwards to start the sequence and EW drilled her unexpectedly from about 10 feet away. He blames it on poor coaching/communication to cover for the player.

Reaction Score
Thanks, BobbyJ. Agreed on superficial intent but Geno losses such noble blame deflection when he provides chapter & verse thereafter, essentially exonerating himself in process.

And he missed pointed opportunity in final PC question about Evina specifically given Oregon homecoming to not at least soften the blow with some compassion. When other players have spit the bit in key spots/games, he has done exactly that so I was surprised & disappointed to watch this omission.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom