UConn at Indiana University - September 21, 2019 | The Boneyard

UConn at Indiana University - September 21, 2019

ElGuapo

What does that mean, in-famous?
Reaction Score
Looks like I'm going to this.
One of my remote sales person coworkers is a proud IU Alum much like me with UConn.

We've had our football series on the radar since it was announced.
Met today and a plan is forming to do some sales visits in the area the week leading up to it.
He's looking to put together some of his old buddies there too for it.

So I guess I'll be going if it all works out.
This will be fun to get a good tour of the campus and Bloomington capped off with a football game.
And of course I'll be returning the favor next year when the series moves here.

Still early out, but anyone else planning this trip?

Reaction Score
One of my remote sales person coworkers is a proud IU Alum much like me with UConn.

Met today and a plan is forming to do some sales visits in the area the week leading up to it.

This will be fun to get a good tour of the campus and Bloomington capped off with a football game.

My cousin's an IU grad who lives in Columbus, so we're going.

Reaction Score
I remember opening Rentschler against Indiana. A convincing win and a nice start to big time football. A ouple years later, a narrow win on the on the road. Now we will see just how far the program has disintegrated.

Reaction Score
My BFF is a IU Grad. SAE President. And then we were roommates at grad school - UCLA.

Ive been angling towards this game for quite a while. Im a Yes.

Reaction Score

i'd bring a paper bag, just in case. that early in the season, will be hard to tell if the team is going to be much more competitive than last year.

Reaction Score
I went to the last UConn Football game at IU. That was where I met Kickfan and Company. The weather was horrendous but it was a good time

Defense was pretty stout that day.

Reaction Score
That first Rentschler game was a lot of fun.
Plus the win!
So much hope for the futire back then.
And the rewards we saw.

Here's hoping you'll be guapolating at the end of the game.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
The Lagow Trophy to the winner

Thats a unique trophy, It appears on the sideline before the game making a lot of noise, but then disappears before kickoff.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Thats a unique trophy, It appears on the sideline before the game making a lot of noise, but then disappears before kickoff.

Doesn’t matter who wins it is housed at Oklahoma State.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I remember opening Rentschler against Indiana. A convincing win and a nice start to big time football. A ouple years later, a narrow win on the on the road. Now we will see just how far the program has disintegrated.

My thought exactly. Not looking forward to watching IU backs rip off Terry Caulley esque runs against our weak tackling defense on every play. Obviously a long way to go until kickoff but it's hard to imagine any scenario that we come within 5 touchdowns without Pindell at QB. God I hope that's wrong.

C

Chief00

Count me as naive - but Chief is starting to get optimistic, within realistic parameters, based on what Chief has been seeing. I think our LB play will see an upgrade is one positional observation.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I will say it now that Indiana won't run all over UConn come September. Just a feeling I have about the team, but maybe I am blind but I am just optimistic that UConn will be improved on defense this season.

Pgh2Storrs

In Hurley We Trust
Reaction Score

Tentatively planning on heading out for this one. Indy is about a 5-6 hour drive, so we’re planning on staying there Friday, heading to Bloomington for the game on Saturday, then heading back to Indy Saturday night. Trying to find a hotel anywhere near Bloomington was murder, but I only booked in February so I probably waited too long.

Bloomington is a cool college town and downtown Indy is a fun time, so I’m looking forward to this one despite how it might play out on the field

Reaction Score
Our annual boys' RV trip is out to Indiana this year. Was there last year for the IU vs. Penn State game last year. Beautiful campus, nice stadium. Plenty to do and see, should be fun.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom