UCONN articles 11/22: Aubrey, Aaliyah, Muhl's passing & maturity, success predict future(?), Big East | The Boneyard

UCONN articles 11/22: Aubrey, Aaliyah, Muhl's passing & maturity, success predict future(?), Big East

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
"Playing without Dorka Juhász (broken thumb), the Huskies were thin up front. Yet Griffin and Edwards were key contributors at both ends of the floor."

“There is something about that kid that’s infectious,” UConn coach Geno Auriemma said. “Everything she does, she does it with her heart. She doesn’t ever back down to anybody. She doesn’t know any other way than the way she plays.”

Reaction Score
Every team needs that one or two players that will take over a game and lead the rest of the team in intensity and drive. We are fortunate in that we now have basically five players that does that. You can't say enough about Azzi and her playing, and likewise Aaliyah and the way she is playing. Nika is alone in her intensity and Aubrey is exciting with her athleticism and new found skills. Lou is not to be under-rated in how well she is playing and scoring. This team will really be a power-house when we finally get everybody available to play. I can't wait. GO HUSKIES!!!

Reaction Score
This looks like a banner year for the Big East reminiscent of our first go around. I think the top of the Big East I is comparable to the top of the power 5 conferences and in fact may be better than the pac-12.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
"Playing without Dorka Juhász (broken thumb), the Huskies were thin up front. Yet Griffin and Edwards were key contributors at both ends of the floor."

“There is something about that kid that’s infectious,” UConn coach Geno Auriemma said. “Everything she does, she does it with her heart. She doesn’t ever back down to anybody. She doesn’t know any other way than the way she plays.”

Great post Beercats, thanks. :cool:

Reaction Score
I think it has to be better coaching. This takes a few years to reveal itself. Marquette Creighton Villanova are well-coached teams, and the sign is they have very consistent players. Villanova is the only one that rides on the play of an obvious superstar. The others only have the team itself and how well it functions, and these teams are sharp. And even the presence of Siegrist doesn't distort the quality of Villanova's team concept.

Reaction Score
Is the resurgence of the BE (not including UConn) indicative of better recruiting as far as recruiting class rankings? Or more a function of coaches doing a better job with what they have?
Great question! I think the resurgence of the BE is all about the coaches doing better job of working with what they have.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I believe that some of the reasons why the other teams in the Big East are getting better is because of the inclusion of UConn to the conference. They want to compete and for them to be able to do that they have to not only recruit better players, but have to be able to meld the team so that they can have a chance against UConn.

Reaction Score
It's also about respect for the conference itself. With UConn in the conference, the Big East gets more respect in the eyes of h.s. players and coaches. And now big stars on other teams are an attraction. It all works together in the eyes of young prospects.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom