UConn and the Olympics...yikes! | The Boneyard

UConn and the Olympics...yikes!

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Paris in 2024...Los Angeles in 2028....beyond

We know how many great players from UConn have been instrumental on the USA Olympic teams...
going all the way back to Rebecca in 1996.

Well...how about the possibility/probability of seeing some of these UConn players also going for a medal for
their home countries?

Canada: Kia...Aaliyah
France: Gabby...Lou
Hungary: Dorka
Croatia: Nika
Egypt: Jana
Portugal: Ines

Not a bad team in itself.

Any other college have anywhere near this many?

This international recruiting: good for UConn...good for development of women's
basketball around the globe.

PS; no longer a player but I think Svet still is the head of the Russian women's program.

Reaction Score
Paris in 2024...Los Angeles in 2028....beyond

We know how many great players from UConn have been instrumental on the USA Olympic teams...
going all the way back to Rebecca in 1996.

Well...how about the possibility/probability of seeing some of these UConn players also going for a medal for
their home countries?

Canada: Kia...Aaliyah
France: Gabby...Lou
Hungary: Dorka
Croatia: Nika
Egypt: Jana
Portugal: Ines

Not a bad team in itself.

Any other college have anywhere near this many?

This international recruiting: good for UConn...good for development of women's
basketball around the globe.

PS; no longer a player but I think Svet still is the head of the Russian women's program.
For 2024 I think it is a possibility but not probable for Paige or Azzi for the US team. More likely for them four years later. For existing WNBA players in 2028, many are either not quite good enough or too old by then, but I imagine Breanna will still make that team.

Reaction Score
For 2024 I think it is a possibility but not probable for Paige or Azzi for the US team. More likely for them four years later. For existing WNBA players in 2028, many are either not quite good enough or too old by then, but I imagine Breanna will still make that team.
And Napheesa.

Reaction Score
Last hurrah for Diana in '24?

BTW, there is a very nice monument outside Gampel with the names of all the Huskies who have played in the Olympics.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom