UConn and the Alliance of American Football

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Nice we can see them play in February

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Does anyone think any of these three new football leagues will last more than two seasons?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Players only need one good season to get an NFL camp invite.

you can count the number of aaf players who play in a regular season nfl game going forward on one simpsons hand. and thats with nick folk being the one.

Reaction Score
you can count the number of aaf players who play in a regular season nfl game going forward on one simpsons hand. and thats with nick folk being the one.

But If you are a hopeful, this longshot beats the hell out of no shot. Unless you think they can get a camp invite by selling Progressive Insurance policies from their mom's basement.

The players have almost nothing to lose.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
this is another step for those who need another look and let's them continue to lay the game they love. What's not to like

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I think the AAF will be a really big deal.
Why? Or did I miss the sarcasm?

What makes the AAF interesting? It's minor league football without any good players. At least minor league baseball has future players to watch

Reaction Score
I think the AAF has learned from others' mistakes. Unlike the XFL they have had a long training camp. Unlike the United Football League they are in the South. Like the USFL, they are in the Spring, and are adopting NFL rules. Unlike the World Football League they have a major TV contract.
Many on this board remember the AAFC which had teams in Hartford, Waterbury, Bridgeport, and Ansonia. Some had NFL affiliations (Bridgeport Jets. ) I see this becoming a feeder league / WLAF league to give promising players playing time, a little like the G league. The player contracts are better than the CFL, which is losing players to the AAF.
I grew up watching the USFL, with the NJ Generals being the "local" team being on ABC every week. Had the USFL stayed small and in the Spring I believe it would have been the NFL minor league. Remember, instant replay originated in the USFL.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
The Freedom Football League will never see the light of day.

Reaction Score
When I was a kid, my dad bought a lawnmower from Marv Hubbard when he was moving from the Hartford Knights to the Raiders. Probably the most successful player from that team in the NFL.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
But If you are a hopeful, this longshot beats the hell out of no shot. Unless you think they can get a camp invite by selling Progressive Insurance policies from their mom's basement.

The players have almost nothing to lose.

sure and ill watch some. you certainly are risking your health though so there is something to lose

Reaction Score
When I was a kid, my dad bought a lawnmower from Marv Hubbard when he was moving from the Hartford Knights to the Raiders. Probably the most successful player from that team in the NFL.
Always a favorite for me. Tough guy.

Reaction Score
Those of you who are old timers will remember Connecticut and its minor league football...in the ACFL.

The old minor league of the 60s-70s ncluded the Ansonia Black Knights, Bridgeport Hi-Ho Jets, Stamford Golden Bears, Waterbury Orbits, Hartford Charter Oaks and Hartford Knights.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom