UConn and Syracuse add 2024 Game | The Boneyard

UConn and Syracuse add 2024 Game

Reaction Score
Now have four P5 games in 2024. Wonder if this gets scheduled for thanksgiving weekend and placed in Yankee Stadium. The Yankees seem determined to make college football work.
Could be as Pitt vs. Cuse just announced a game in the Bronx for 2023

Also this gives Uconn 11 FBS games for 2024 ( 5 @ home with no FCS game announced yet). The Huskies current open dates are Oct 19 -26 and Nov 16 -23.

Reaction Score
I hope we keep Cuse on the schedule annually. We have history, they're close enough for both fans to travel to the away game and it just makes sense to have a northeast team on the schedule for travel costs.

mikedog10

Tailgating Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Really good news in my book. Now have four P5 games in 2024. Wonder if this gets scheduled for thanksgiving weekend and placed in Yankee Stadium. The Yankees seem determined to make college football work.
Yankee Stadium is not my favorite place for a football game… but I would love to go into Syracuse’s home state of New York and see the number of fans wearing blue outnumber orange in the stands!

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Yankee Stadium is not my favorite place for a football game…
Mine either, don't get seats on the 50. Not worth it.

Pole2.jpg

Reaction Score
So 11 games scheduled for 2024 with 6 home games set assuming Syracuse is a home game. The only thing left is the "money game". What P5 team wants to pay UConn for a friendly visit?

2024 ends up being 5 P5 games (Maryland Duke, Wake, Syracuse and Money game) plus locals of Army, Buffalo, Temple and UMass. UAB, FAU, and GA St. are the other 3 games which work for home & home deals in fertile recruiting areas. Probably the best schedule of UConn's independence.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
So 11 games scheduled for 2024 with 6 home games set assuming Syracuse is a home game. The only thing left is the "money game". What P5 team wants to pay UConn for a friendly visit?

2024 ends up being 5 P5 games (Maryland Duke, Wake, Syracuse and Money game) plus locals of Army, Buffalo, Temple and UMass. UAB, FAU, and GA St. are the other 3 games which work for home & home deals in fertile recruiting areas. Probably the best schedule of UConn's independence.
I think it’s a neutral game and we will schedule an FCS home game.

Reaction Score
Good job by the AD of putting together a schedule with a lot of regional interest for 2024. Army, UMD, Umass, Cuse, Temple, and Buffalo all provide opportunities to travel, and all of these schools likely do a fair bit of recruiting against Uconn and vice versa.

Reaction Score
I hope we keep Cuse on the schedule annually. We have history, they're close enough for both fans to travel to the away game and it just makes sense to have a northeast team on the schedule for travel costs.
Agreed. I didn't like losing to them, but it was neat seeing how well Syracuse represented at the Rent this year. My grandfather was a Syracuse alum, and I would imagine there are lots of in-state fans because I saw plenty of individuals and groups sporting gear for both

Reaction Score

Almost looks like an ACC audition/ trial run. One can hope.

Reaction Score
Agreed. I didn't like losing to them, but it was neat seeing how well Syracuse represented at the Rent this year. My grandfather was a Syracuse alum, and I would imagine there are lots of in-state fans because I saw plenty of individuals and groups sporting gear for both
Syracuse has a lot of alumni in CT. I don't see how they can't package men's and women's basketball with football. That's a win all around for both AD.

Reaction Score
Yankee Stadium is not my favorite place for a football game… but I would love to go into Syracuse’s home state of New York and see the number of fans wearing blue outnumber orange in the stands!
Let's get one at Citi. Why does Yankee Stadium get all the fun?

Reaction Score
Would be weird not to have a money game. The $1.5M+ cash is a part of being an independent
Alternatively, perhaps net revenue for a Yankee Stadium game is fairly attractive for UConn, e.g., Yankees' payment, and low bus transportation for neutral nearby game versus a 6th more distant away game.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
this

I expect Citifield will be booked with baseball late into October/early November for the next decade or so
So the Mets are going to field exhibition games to compete with the playoffs/world series?

I know Cohen is loaded but that would just be throwing money away.

Reaction Score
So the Mets are going to field exhibition games to compete with the playoffs/world series?

I know Cohen is loaded but that would just be throwing money away.
Swing and a miss!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom