UConn alums in the WNBA | The Boneyard

UConn alums in the WNBA

Reaction Score
I'm a big fan of the WNBA and I love rooting for all the UConn alums now playing and thriving in the W. These past couple of weeks have been stellar as all the teams are fighting for playoff seedings. My favorite team, the Seattle Storm, has now grabbed the 4th seed and will host the Washington Mystics in the first round. But first a big game tomorrow, Sunday, versus the Vegas Aces. Normally this would be a very big game for bragging rights, but with seedings already finalized, it's possible that both teams will relax a bit while trying to stay healthy for the playoffs that begin Wednesday. I gotta say, though, that when Breanna and Aja compete, it's very hard for either of them to be chill. My whole purpose for writing right now is to attach this screen shot I took off the TV the other night. I'm old and not really sure how to do it, but I hope you can see the photo. Because how great is this photo of the starting five of the Seattle Storm? There's Jewel Loyd on the left, a fabulous player from our old nemesis, Notre Dame, and then who do we see? Four of the best to ever play at UConn and they are all on the same professional team in the W. Can you imagine how much fun that must be for those players. The history they have in common having played at UConn for Geno. And now roaring into the playoffs as a four seed. But after the other night's romp over the defending champion and No 1 team in the W, the Chicago Sky, I've heard many commentators changing their tune and picking Seattle to not only go far in the playoffs, but maybe to win it all. Yipppeeee!

Attachments

• Storm starting 5.jpg
    Storm starting 5.jpg
    167.1 KB · Views: 85

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Seattle with the largest contingent but other UConn Alums could use your rooting interest. Lynx with Collier just went down but my Liberty with Crystal and Stephanie in an all out war with Atl for the last spot.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Dolson having one of her best games by far. Will it be enough?

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Looking like her Uconn days
Stephanie in her post game on court presser said if the Liberty play the right way moving the ball, we can beat anybody. They did have 23 assists on 27 made shots and I think they are best in the league but Sabrina had a brutal game shooting and with TO's s to win with her not really showing up is very impressive.

Reaction Score
Stephanie in her post game on court presser said if the Liberty play the right way moving the ball, we can beat anybody. They did have 23 assists on 27 made shots and I think they are best in the league but Sabrina had a brutal game shooting and with TO's s to win with her not really showing up is very impressive.

Agreed. I think the physical game got to sabrina

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Agreed. I think the physical game got to sabrina
Sabrina has a really solid build so she just has to rise above that stuff. I was surprised she was taken out of her game. That happens in the playoffs. will be blown out.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Back to UConn Alums, shout out for Azure who has really become a great player off the bench for the Sky. Balling out with 14 pts midway through 2Q

Hey, and Evina got in a game. 3-3 FT's. :rolleyes:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom