UConn Alumni - Sun vs Mercury | The Boneyard

UConn Alumni - Sun vs Mercury

Reaction Score
Sun vs Phoenix home opener was interesting last night at Mohegan.

First off - the Sun have no UConn alumni as players for the first time in my memory.

Second - the Mercury are like watching an alumni scrimmage much of the game saw Bria Hartley, Kia Nurse and Megan Walker on the floor with Diana Taurasi. BTW - the "terrible T" can still play putting up 19 points in their loss - despites sitting out much of the 3rd due to a couple rapid fire, dubious fouls.

Also true to form Diana racked up a technical - would have been disappointed otherwise.

Third - the Sun are 25% capacity, something like 2,200 sold last night but not all showed up. Eerie place to be under '"reduced capacity" measures - just weird mostly empty. Same for a Fenway game last week - like something is wrong.

Mohegan supervisor told me Sun would play at 25% "until August" under WNBA guidelines - not Mohegan's or Connecticut's call. Not sure about concerts, hopeful but uncertain.

Sun won 86 to 78, Diana looked to be the best player on the court popping a 3 whenever they needed one. Clearly the floor general for Phoenix. Nice to see Kia, Megan & Bria as well - in particular Kia as I forgot how tenacious her defense is.

FYI - Sun have changed their uniform colors, patterns and the like. Also Mohegan was not otherwise populated on a Sunday eve, not even all the restaurants open.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
Second - the Mercury are like watching an alumni scrimmage much of the game saw Bria Hartley, Kia Nurse and Megan Walker on the floor with Diana Taurasi. BTW - the "terrible T" can still play putting up 19 points in their loss - despites sitting out much of the 3rd due to a couple rapid fire, dubious fouls.

Are you confusing Skylar Diggins-Smith with Bria Hartley? Bria has yet to take the floor after last year's knee injury.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
KML is not currently listed on the roster. Is she is Europe? Does she have a spot with the Sun? Was she waived? I can't find anything on her.

Reaction Score
Are you confusing Skylar Diggins-Smith with Bria Hartley? Bria has yet to take the floor after last year's knee injury.
Maybe my bad as ESPN boxscore is empty.

I had thought she got some minutes and the people 1 up mentioned her, but I suspect we are in error.

Even with low capacity rules Mohegan restricts close-court seating so our vision was more distant.

Skylar Diggins-Smith played great.

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
KML is not currently listed on the roster. Is she is Europe? Does she have a spot with the Sun? Was she waived? I can't find anything on her.
Apparently not in the W this season. I'm guessing her W career is over. As much as I would have LOVED to see her be an impact player for the Sun, she wasn't, and she was god-awful last season.

psconn

Reaction Score
Bria was on the sideline in street clothes.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score

In January, she went to France to join Nantes -- initially with a short term contract, but she averaged almost 10ppg in her first few games and was extended until the end of the season. She's still living in WNBA waiver-land.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
Bria was on the sideline in street clothes.

Sorry - I thought you were saying that she was playing with Kia, Megan, and D. Yes, she was at the game.

psconn

Reaction Score
Sorry - I thought you were saying that she was playing with Kia, Megan, and D. Yes, she was at the game.
I wasn't the OP. I was just pointing out to caseyb7 that she DNP.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom