UConn Alumni Association Sponsoring Game Watches For 2017 Season | The Boneyard

UConn Alumni Association Sponsoring Game Watches For 2017 Season

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Wanted to put this out there- the UConn Alumni Association is sponsoring a ton of different events throughout the country to meet other UConn fans & alumni as well as watch the games throughout the year. If you don't live in CT/near The Rent- this is a great way to watch the games with other UConn fans:

Holy Cross 8/31:

Chicago: Welcome to the Neighborhood: Holy Cross vs. UConn Football Game Watch and Beer Tasting
New York City: Welcome to the 6th Borough- NYC's 2nd Annual Nickel Night & Holy Cross vs. UConn Football Game Watch

USF 9/9:

Charlotte: Welcome to the Neighborhood Party and USF vs. UConn Football Game Watch
Tampa: Welcome to the Neighborhood Party and USF vs. UConn Football Game Watch
Boca Raton: Welcome to the Neighborhood Party and USF vs. UConn Football Game Watch

UVA 9/16:

Charlottesville, VA- Pregame tailgate & tickets: UVA vs. UConn Football: Pregame and Game Tickets
Orlando: Welcome to the Neighborhood Party and UVA vs. UConn Football Game Watch
Orange, CT: Welcome to the Neighborhood Party and UVA vs. UConn Football Game Watch
Boston: Welcome to the Neighborhood Party and UVA vs. UConn Football Game Watch
Sandy Springs, GA: Welcome to the Neighborhood Party and UVA vs. UConn Football Game Watch
Cincinnati: Welcome to the Neighborhood Party and UVA vs. UConn Football Game Watch
Houston: Welcome to the Neighborhood Party: UVA vs. UConn Football Game Watch
Austin: Welcome to the Neighborhood Party: UVA vs. UConn Football Game Watch

SMU 9/30:

Dallas- Pregame tailgate & tickets: SMU vs. UConn Football Game Watch
Washington D.C.: Welcome to the Neighborhood Party and SMU vs UConn Football Game Watch
San Francisco: SMU vs. UConn Football Game Watch

Temple 10/14:

San Francisco: Temple vs. UConn Football Game Watch
Houston: Temple vs. UConn Football Game Watch

Missouri 10/28:

San Francisco: Missouri vs. UConn Football Game Watch
Houston: Missouri vs. UConn Football Game Watch

Boston College 11/18:

San Francisco: Boston College vs. UConn Football Game Watch
Houston: Boston College vs. UConn Football Game Watch

Cincinnati 11/25:

San Francisco: Cincinnati vs. UConn Football Game Watch

Reaction Score
The Alumni Association was disbanded two years ago. These must be events sponsored by the UCONN Foundation.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I've always given Van Diemans a pretty mixed review, but the past year or so, they've really done a great job.

The couple guys that run it are really friendly and usually have giveaways (tee shirts, other random merch.) and Van Diemans has a UConn game day/night special menu that is actually really good.

If anyone is in NYC this fall, I'm pretty sure I'll be there for a handful of games. I'd recommend checking it out.

Reaction Score
The DC alumni watch parties are pretty hit or miss.

I've always been interested in what Van Dieman's is like for the New York watch parties, are they well attended/fun?

Reaction Score
The Alumni Association was disbanded two years ago. These must be events sponsored by the UCONN Foundation.

The Alumni Association was folded into the UCONN Foundation. It still exists, just not as its own entity.

Reaction Score
The DC alumni watch parties are pretty hit or miss.

I've always been interested in what Van Dieman's is like for the New York watch parties, are they well attended/fun?

I'm usually only there for hoops games, because I go to all of the football games. But it is a solid bar and usually a good crowd in general.

Watched the NC game for hoops there in 2014 - was a madhouse.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I'm planning on watching the USF game at Van Diemans with a friend or two on Sept 9th. If anyone else is thinking about going, shoot me a PM.

Reaction Score
The Alumni Association was folded into the UCONN Foundation. It still exists, just not as its own entity.
The alumni association does not exist. It was a membership organization independent of the University with a history dating back 127yrs albeit with substantial financial support from the University. When it dissolved the former staff were hired by the foundation, and the Alumni House and investments owned by the Alumni Association were distributed to the University at liquidation. I grant you that the foundation is running Alumni relations with the involvement of some volunteers selected by them "not voted on by the Alumni". The main difference is there is no independence from the University, which also by definition means from the Governors office.

I am stressing this as there is a lack of awareness among many alumn regarding what happened to their association. For purposes of get togethers and game watchs there is little difference. For purposes of who is selected to run for Alumni Trustee on the other hand there is a huge difference. The Governor who appoints all the other trustees now indirectly has control over what used to be the only independent voice not beholden to him.

Reaction Score
The alumni association does not exist. It was a membership organization independent of the University with a history dating back 127yrs albeit with substantial financial support from the University. When it dissolved the former staff were hired by the foundation, and the Alumni House and investments owned by the Alumni Association were distributed to the University at liquidation. I grant you that the foundation is running Alumni relations with the involvement of some volunteers selected by them "not voted on by the Alumni". The main difference is there is no independence from the University, which also by definition means from the Governors office.

I am stressing this as there is a lack of awareness among many alumn regarding what happened to their association. For purposes of get togethers and game watchs there is little difference. For purposes of who is selected to run for Alumni Trustee on the other hand there is a huge difference. The Governor who appoints all the other trustees now indirectly has control over what used to be the only independent voice not beholden to him.

We've gone through this before at length on this board. BTW - since there were only like 10K members (which was an abomination given the amount of actual alumni) and only a few hundred people voted in each election, I would argue that the whole thing was a sham anyway. But we can take this part of the conversation over to the alumni section of the board if the mods can move it.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
bump- for those not able to make it to EH tonight.

Chicago/NYC having game watches. I know a ton of people going to Van Diemens. Should be a great time.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom