UConn All-Time Coaching Staff | The Boneyard

UConn All-Time Coaching Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Just for a little off-season fun (Jesus, it's December 4 and we are already in the off-season), I thought it would be cool to see what our favorite all-time coaching staff at UConn would be that we could put together. This idea came to me from reading all of the "please give us Moorhead / Weist / Orlando as our head coach chatter", which I happen to agree with.

Only one rule: you can't use a former head coach to be the head coach. However, I suppose you could use a former head coach to be a position coach (i.e., Edsall at QBs or Pasqualoni at DL). Some may be "no-brainers" and some may bring up some interesting replacements. Here is my list:

Head Coach: T.J. Weist (any man willing to wear a t-shirt in December is a true leader)
OC: Joe Moorhead (I struggled here because he could be the coach, but I'd rather run his offense).
OL: Mike Foley
TE: Dave McMichael
RB: Terry Richardson
QB: Shane Day (I really wanted to go with Ambrose here, but Shane did it on an NFL level)
WR: Matt Cersosimo (could have gone with Weist here too as he would be better, but he's my coach now)
DC: Don Brown (solve your problems with aggression)
DL: Hank Hughes (I actually considered PP here, but I'm a Hughes fan and he's doing fine at Nebraska)
LB: Todd Orlando (could have gone with him at DC but Brown is hard to supplant)
DB: Scott Lakatos
ST: Lyndon Johnson (we used to return things)
Recruiting Coordinator: Rob Ambrose (I could have gone with Cersosimo who was the RC for 2 regimes here, but I wanted Ambrose on the staff)

You'll notice that I have many more RE guys than PP guys and NONE of BD guys. Well, that's how I feel about the staff right now. Sad times for me. Have fun with it and I'd love to see some substitutions to my list made from you all...

Reaction Score
Just for a little off-season fun (Jesus, it's December 4 and we are already in the off-season), I thought it would be cool to see what our favorite all-time coaching staff at UConn would be that we could put together. This idea came to me from reading all of the "please give us Moorhead / Weist / Orlando as our head coach chatter", which I happen to agree with.

Only one rule: you can't use a former head coach to be the head coach. However, I suppose you could use a former head coach to be a position coach (i.e., Edsall at QBs or Pasqualoni at DL). Some may be "no-brainers" and some may bring up some interesting replacements. Here is my list:

Head Coach: T.J. Weist (any man willing to wear a t-shirt in December is a true leader)
OC: Joe Moorhead (I struggled here because he could be the coach, but I'd rather run his offense).
QB: Shane Day (I really wanted to go with Ambrose here, but Shane did it on an NFL level)
WR: Matt Cersosimo (could have gone with Weist here too as he would be better, but he's my coach now)
DL: Hank Hughes (I actually considered PP here, but I'm a Hughes fan and he's doing fine at Nebraska)
Recruiting Coordinator: Rob Ambrose (I could have gone with Cersosimo who was the RC for 2 regimes here, but I wanted Ambrose on the staff)

You'll notice that I have many more RE guys than PP guys and NONE of BD guys. Well, that's how I feel about the staff right now. Sad times for me. Have fun with it and I'd love to see some substitutions to my list made from you all...

I think you are way way off on TJ Weist ... sheeesh

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
All time coaching staff? Nothing approaches the UConn staff of the mid-60s that included Rick Forzano, Sam Rutigliano, & some character named Lou Holtz.

You don't get off that easy, Coach. You have to put them in coaching positions and you can't use the head coach as your head coach... ;)

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score

Pretty good starting point. But I would take out Lakatos as DB coach and put in Edsall at that spot.

Reaction Score
WHAT?
No Lou Holz? LATER HFC @ Notre Dame
No Sam Rutigliano? LATER HFC Cleveland Browns
No Rick Forzano? LATER HFC Detroit Lions
No Nick Nicolau? LATER Coached in 5 Super Bowls (Denver & Buffalo)

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
WHAT?
No Lou Holz? LATER HFC @ Notre Dame
No Sam Rutigliano? LATER HFC Cleveland Browns
No Rick Forzano? LATER HFC Detroit Lions
No Nick Nicolau? LATER Coached in 5 Super Bowls (Denver & Buffalo)

I really don't understand some people.

Instead of bitching about my list, you can make one yourself. That's the point of the thread! Good God...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom