UCONN All-Decade Team 2000's | The Boneyard

UCONN All-Decade Team 2000's

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Couldn’t read it because of the paywall…

My guess is

KEA**
Ben Gordon
Caron Butler
Emeka Okafor
Hasheem Thabeet

HM Rudy gay

How did I do?

** didn’t realize 99-00 players were included so I changed PG from Williams to KEA…

Reaction Score
I would go
Price
Gordon
Butler
Gay
Okafor

Bench of
Williams
Denham Brown
Anderson
Adrien
Thabeet

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score

My guess is

KEA**
Ben Gordon
Caron Butler
Emeka Okafor
Hasheem Thabeet

HM Rudy gay

How did I do?

** didn’t realize 99-00 players were included so I changed PG from Williams to KEA…
Surprised the article came up for me as I don't have a sub. Anyway, it's 12 guys, no indication of starters vs bench:

Adrien
Anderson
Boone
Brown
Butler
Dyson
Gay
Gordon
Okafor
Price
Thabeet
Williams

Reaction Score

My guess is

KEA**
Ben Gordon
Caron Butler
Emeka Okafor
Hasheem Thabeet

HM Rudy gay

How did I do?

Just a little trivia
I just learned on an internet quiz the the century doesn’t start until the year one. That was news to me but I can see the logic even thought it goes against a traditional understanding.
If that’s true then;
The first decade is 2001-2010 (1-10 )
When we count we start with 1 not 0

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Talent wise

Williams
Gordon
Rudy
Charlie
Emeka

Impact wise

Price
Gordon
Butler
Boone
Emeka

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Just a little trivia
I just learned on an internet quiz the the century doesn’t start until the year one. That was news to me but I can see the logic even thought it goes against a traditional understanding.
If that’s true then;
The first decade is 2001-2010 (1-10 )
When we count we start with 1 not 0

It technically starts on day 1 after the year ending in year 00.

Just like your birthday. Your first birthday is technically the first day of your second year of living. You have lived a whole year by the time you celebrate.

Same with counting decades, centuries, etc.

1999GoodSon

Lies, damn lies, and statistics.
Reaction Score

My guess is

KEA**
Ben Gordon
Caron Butler
Emeka Okafor
Hasheem Thabeet

HM Rudy gay

How did I do?

Didn't realize there was a paywall. Bummer, I'll take it down. You were 5/6

Reaction Score
Talent wise

Williams
Gordon
Rudy
Charlie
Emeka

Impact wise

Price
Gordon
Butler
Boone
Emeka
Boone is extremely overrated by many UConn fans he is maybe top 15 -20 in that decade which given the talent is no insult.
Jeff Adrian’s numbers blow his away
The guy pretty much averaged a double every year he was here .
Charlie although he wasn’t here long was much more talented than Boone and just as big .
No one even mentioned “ Sticks” one of the most exciting players of the decade .
At the 4 I would put those three ahead of Josh
Only because I’m moving Rudy to the 3 and Caron as my 2 at 6’6” .
Rudy might be the most gifted basketball player we ever had
and Caron the toughest.
I love to Bring Ben off the Bench to put a close game away early
Starting Williams at PG with AJ as backup.
Thabeet is teady a soon as Emeka fouls .
I could win a NC with that team

Forgotten guys
Talik gets no love either all he did was guide a team to a NC .
Rash had a great career as did
Denham and
Tony Robertson .
However
Dyson numbers were incredible he never averaged below 12 pts a game and lead the team in scoring as a freshman and senior averaging 17 a game. Probably the leading UConn Scorer of the decade .

Reaction Score
Just like your birthday. Your first birthday is technically the first day of your second year of living. You have lived a whole year by the time you celebrate.
Yes. But don’t ever say happy 40th to your significant other on her ‘39th’ bday. U might think it’s funny, but…..

I speak from experience. :D:confused:

Reaction Score
Talent wise

Williams
Gordon
Rudy
Charlie
Emeka

Impact wise

Price
Gordon
Butler
Boone
Emeka
Boone is extremely overrated by many UConn fans he is maybe top 15 -20 in that decade which given the talent is no insult.
Charlie although he wasn’t here long was much more talented than Boone and just as big .
No one even mentioned “ Sticks” one of the most exciting players of the decade .
and Caron the toughest.
Forgotten guys :
Rash may be the greatest shooter of the decade
Denham and
Tony Robertson are worth noting .
However
Dyson numbers were incredible he never averaged below 12 pts a game and lead the team in scoring as a freshman and senior averaging 17 a game. Probably the leading or second leading UConn Scorer of the decade . Only Gordon’s single season numbers were better but Dyson played 4 years.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
and Caron the toughest.
Forgotten guys :
Rash may be the greatest shooter of the decade
Denham and
Tony Robertson are worth noting .
However
Dyson numbers were incredible he never averaged below 12 pts a game and lead the team in scoring as a freshman and senior averaging 17 a game. Probably the leading or second leading UConn Scorer of the decade . Only Gordon’s single season numbers were better but Dyson played 4 years.
There was really so many great players during that time period it’s hard to go wrong.

With Boone he won a NC and then went to an elite 8 during his time here which is a great resume for him lol.

Love Adrien too and would probably personally take him over Boone. Adrien was a straight soldier while here man. Couldn’t believe he scrapped out an NBA career as a 6’6 big but just goes to show how tough he was and how much heart he played with.

Dyson was super talented too, if he actually approached the game the right way he could’ve been even better than what he was. He really did what he did off of natural talent.

We had a lot of talent come in throughout this decade man. So much fun to watch knowing if somebody played, they were probably going to end up being good one way or another.

Reaction Score
There was really so many great players during that time period it’s hard to go wrong.

With Boone he won a NC and then went to an elite 8 during his time here which is a great resume for him lol.

Love Adrien too and would probably personally take him over Boone. Adrien was a straight soldier while here man. Couldn’t believe he scrapped out an NBA career as a 6’6 big but just goes to show how tough he was and how much heart he played with.

Dyson was super talented too, if he actually approached the game the right way he could’ve been even better than what he was. He really did what he did off of natural talent.

We had a lot of talent come in throughout this decade man. So much fun to watch knowing if somebody played, they were probably going to end up being good one way or another.
Dyson’s problem as compared to Vital . Both guys the same size playing the same position both for four years .
Dyson has good but not great on ball skills but Vital recognized his strengths and weakness were and order than bomb played within his skills.
Jerome tried to go beyond his reach with sometimes disastrous results .
If he stayed within his limits he would be remembered more fondly as we probably would have had a bit more success. I shuddered with the ball in his hand at crunch time especially when the other guard was Kemba or AJ .

Reaction Score
Dyson, Williams, Price, Taliek, even Craig Austrie just give me one of these guys on this UConn team

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Dyson’s problem as compared to Vital . Both guys the same size playing the same position both for four years .
Dyson has good but not great on ball skills but Vital recognized his strengths and weakness were and order than bomb played within his skills.
Jerome tried to go beyond his reach with sometimes disastrous results .
If he stayed within his limits he would be remembered more fondly as we probably would have had a bit more success. I shuddered with the ball in his hand at crunch time especially when the other guard was Kemba or AJ .
Agreed, knowing someone who was connected to Dyson too, I can say that his work ethic was not on the level of Vital, Kemba, or AJ. If it was maybe he could’ve been better in those situations. It’s still crazy he was able to be as productive as he was off just being naturally that gifted.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
For the first 3.5 seasons he was here, this board was extremely critical of CV for doing too much, playing out of his lane, and being both careless and dumb with his decisions.

That said, the CV of that last 0.5 is a guy we could use right now, and had arguably the best half season of anyone in the post-JC era.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
some of youse have slurred thinking when it comes to jerome and his 'success.'
Career highlights and awards
then, there's
Following the season, Dyson was named to the United States men's national basketball team for the 2011 Pan American Games in Guadalajara, Mexico. Dyson averaged 11.4 points, including a team high 19 against Uruguay. The team, composed entirely of non-NBA players due to the 2011 NBA lockout, finished with the bronze medal.
one more
In March 2010, the Sporting News named Dyson their 2010 Comeback Player of the Year.

grownups understand that basketball is a business, and mr dyson practiced his craft to great success in it.

no funner trio on the floor for us than jerome, kemba, and stanley.
mama said knock u out.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom