UConn adds H/H with Ole Miss (2027/2028), Liberty (2022/2025) & Home Game versus Sacred Heart (2023) | The Boneyard

UConn adds H/H with Ole Miss (2027/2028), Liberty (2022/2025) & Home Game versus Sacred Heart (2023)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

-> The Rebels will travel to East Hartford for a contest on September 11, 2027 and the Huskies will head to Oxford, Miss. for the return game on November 18, 2028. The matchup in 2027 will be the first between Ole Miss and UConn.

Liberty will travel to Pratt & Whitney Stadium at Rentschler Field on November 12, 2022 and the Huskies will head to Lynchburg, Va. on November 15, 2025.

The date of the contest against Sacred Heart, which will occur sometime during the 2023 season, will be determined by UConn no later than January 1, 2022. <-

Reaction Score
Liberty was predictable. SHU is kind of consistent with what seems to be a real commitment to supporting local 1aa programs. Yale Central now SHU. If you are going to play one might as well play a local one. Ol’ Miss is kind of a surprise. I heard an SEC game was on the table but I expected an extension with Vanderbilt

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
Nice get for UConn.

Maybe Ole Miss comes to The Rent in 2027 with their Heisman-frontrunning senior QB Arch Manning and the CBS cameras can show the press box filled with the entire Manning family 100 times as UConn upsets the pre-season SEC favorites Ole Miss on the way to an undefeated UConn season. Sound good?!

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
This is excellent news. Going forward I would like to see us schedule certain schools home and home every year: Army (for the most part we have already done this-missing 2023 and 2026), UMass (we haven't scheduled them past this year-maybe they are thinking of downgrading?), Boston College (no games after 2023), Syracuse (we have a series in 26/27), and BYU (we haven't scheduled them in a while but they are independents so it's mutually beneficial).

If we can play 5 P5s a year (one pay-day game, three regional rivals, and one SEC schools), Army, BYU, UMass, an FCS school, one solid American program (UCF, Houston, etc.), one MW program, and other notable G5 school (Buffalo, Appalachian State) I would be very happy.

2021 is a really good schedule for the program. The only things I would nitpick would be playing MTSU (bad team with no brand) and Holy Cross (a 2nd FCS game).

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I was going to the Ole Miss game last year as my brother is a season ticket holder and I was so looking forward to walking through The Grove.

Now my brother can come north and then I can so south the following year. Of course I will be in my 60's as will here. Still will be fun.

Reaction Score
Anyone know what the deal is with Lafayette? We have them scheduled at the Rent in 2026 but thought we also host them in 2023.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Are we sure we want to play SHU in football? It's a wonderful school but it is ranked low in the Northeast Conference. The optics suggest UConn is moving toward an FCS membership. Especially with Central CT, Yale, etc. Can't this schedule be FBS teams for the next few years?

Reaction Score
Are we sure we want to play SHU in football? It's a wonderful school but it is ranked low in the Northeast Conference. The optics suggest UConn is moving toward an FCS membership. Especially with Central CT, Yale, etc. Can't this schedule be FBS teams for the next few years?
I think we are just scheduling easy to get, inexpensive FCS games. I wouldn’t read into scheduling Sacred Heart as headed to FCS, especially when we just scheduled a home game with Ole Miss for 2027.

Reaction Score
I think we are just scheduling easy to get, inexpensive FCS games. I wouldn’t read into scheduling Sacred Heart as headed to FCS, especially when we just scheduled a home game with Ole Miss for 2027.
I hope so. Even if Benedict and Edsall want to keep UConn at FBS, there are others looming in the background who would like to see UConn downgraded. Eventually, they may get power.

Reaction Score
They were middle of the road in NEC last year and went to the FCS playoffs the year before. UConn moving toward FCS membership? The indie schedule is way better than the AAC.

Reaction Score
Playing local schools is how you develop or contribute to the scene, overall....

Do you realize we play more P5 schools as an independent than as a member of the AAC???

Reaction Score
I think it is that we are playing 1fcs team per year. We can sell it as supporting local programs. This year was an oddball playing 2. Going forward we will do the same thing Alabama does and play 1 per year.

Reaction Score
I hope so. Even if Benedict and Edsall want to keep UConn at FBS, there are others looming in the background who would like to see UConn downgraded. Eventually, they may get power.
It just doesn’t make any sense to drop to FCS when you already have FBS facilities, including a pretty nice stadium. Dropping football all together would be a far more sensible option. I don’t think that will happen. On top of that, the new president is in favor of FBS football as are a number of significant donors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom