UConn adds H/H w/ Florida Atlantic University (2024/2026) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn adds H/H w/ Florida Atlantic University (2024/2026)

Reaction Score
Disagree

Cmon Man. We actually can rub into someone from Syracuse or Rutgers in the grocery store or fender bender on a Interstate. who is a UCONN fan cares about App State. That's nonsense.
I don't want to be rubbing into anybody in a grocery store or after a fender bender... But maybe that's just me. ;)

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
Historically speaking I'd say SMU is a better overall program than Syracuse.
You're essentially advocating exactly what is wrong with the NCAA now, the abandonment of traditional regional rivalries. You'd rather play teams we have zero connection with versus schools we've grown to know and hate. Had you started this whole discussion by saying "For recruiting purposes..." then you can make a case for a number of schools based strictly on geography. But from a fan viewing perspective, the Rotten Fruit and Rutgers are clearly better choices. GAS & AS would have to be ranked in the top 20 for the home fans to pay to see them play in East Hartford.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Switching directions on this subject, it will be curious to see just how many more future games get announced prior to this fall season. I would think there are a few series contracts drafted or verbally agreed too with the other school now in stall mode wanting to see just what kind of program we will be this fall.

That said, my hopeful priority remains:

1) Rutty two game series
2) UVA two game series
3) Pitt two game series
4) BYU two or four game series spread over 3 or 6 years
5) Northwestern two game series
6) Something in TX (play any FBS, cant be choosy, I think Rice would be the best option of the G5)
7) Payday game with Penn St
8) Payday game with the Pac 12; Stanford, UCLA or USC to open a season...
9) Iowa - following up from the twitter interaction with the Iowa AD... not really a priority in my mind, but certainly would book it if the door is open

Games I expect, but don't push the needle:
10) UMass - our plug partner for rounding out schedules
11) Coastal Carolina
12) Old Dominion or Charlotte
13) Any thing MAC, SunBelt or CUSA. Whatever, just get some FBS games on the books to balance out the schedule.

I dont really expect us to land any other AAC series beyond Temple. But if we could, I would take UCF or USF. UCF's schedule is wide open. USF's schedule is near fully booked.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Switching directions on this subject, it will be curious to see just how many more future games get announced prior to this fall season. I would think there are a few series contracts drafted or verbally agreed too with the other school now in stall mode wanting to see just what kind of program we will be this fall.

1) Rutty two game series
2) UVA two game series
3) Pitt two game series
6) Something in TX (play any FBS, cant be choosy, I think Rice would be the best option of the G5)
9) Iowa - following up from the twitter interaction with the Iowa AD... not really a priority in my mind, but certainly would book it if the door is open

11) Coastal Carolina
13) Any thing MAC, SunBelt or CUSA. Whatever, just get some FBS games on the books to balance out the schedule.

I dont really expect us to land any other AAC series beyond Temple. But if we could, I would take UCF or USF. UCF's schedule is wide open. USF's schedule is near fully booked.
Great list.

I'd also love it if we booked home and homes with any ACC teams absent Clemson, which would remain a buy game for a while.

Reaction Score
Great list.

I'd also love it if we booked home and homes with any ACC teams absent Clemson, which would remain a buy game for a while.

Hard to book Atlantic Division AAC teams....they already have home and homes with Syracuse and BC....not a favored region for an additional NE add.

Maybe Miami, GT, VT, Pitt, UNC, or Duke in the Coastal Division....

Reaction Score
Hard to book Atlantic Division AAC teams....they already have home and homes with Syracuse and BC....not a favored region for an additional NE add.

That's a point I hadn't considered

Reaction Score
For reasons others shared in a message thread initiated after a tweet NOT by Iowa's AD but instead by Kyle Bowlsby (Iowa alumnus, AD & coach recruiter, and son of Big 12 commissioner Bob Bowlsby), scheduling one of the rare Hawkeyes' OOC games is a best challenging. Even with Connecticut alumnus/Milford native Kirk Ferentz at the helm in Iowa City, a H&H is unlikely for several years at best. Inconveniently, UofI schedules in-state State, nearby UNI, and an occasional MAC, FCS, and MWC opponent. UConn could be an alternative, and 2028 may be open. Plenty of time to plan, and it would be good to schedule Iowa H&H. Or, beat them at Yankee Stadium, in some other bowl game, and to tie in men's hoops and maybe women's basketball games.

Reaction Score

1) Rutty two game series
2) UVA two game series
3) Pitt two game series

11) Coastal Carolina

I'd like to see BYU on the schedule every year.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
I just want to beat the brakes off NMSU one time. Please.

Reaction Score
For reasons others shared in a message thread initiated after a tweet NOT by Iowa's AD but instead by Kyle Bowlsby (Iowa alumnus, AD & coach recruiter, and son of Big 12 commissioner Bob Bowlsby), scheduling one of the rare Hawkeyes' OOC games is a best challenging. Even with Connecticut alumnus/Milford native Kirk Ferentz at the helm in Iowa City, a H&H is unlikely for several years at best. Inconveniently, UofI schedules in-state State, nearby UNI, and an occasional MAC, FCS, and MWC opponent. UConn could be an alternative, and 2028 may be open. Plenty of time to plan, and it would be good to schedule Iowa H&H. Or, beat them at Yankee Stadium, in some other bowl game, and to tie in men's hoops and maybe women's basketball games.

Gotta see if you can get Iowa out of the South Dakota St game in 2022. Maybe we could move our CCSU game back and host South Dakota St instead in a pay game. Heck I'd go play @SDSU if we got Iowa to come to CT. Iowa at home in 2022, away in 2026. Give them women's basketball at Iowa in 21/22 and 23/24 with a game in CT in 22/23.

Reaction Score

UConn already has UNC (Chapel Hill 2026; East Hartford 2027)

Reaction Score
UConn already has UNC (Chapel Hill 2026; East Hartford 2027)
In addition to No Classes in 2027, NC State and Dook also appear on at least UConn's 2023 home schedule. No clue nor care which yACC division applies, but it's likely each school has significant #s of alumni and other fans in CT, the City, and in other neighboring states. At some point, it will be surprising should more games with UVA, VT, Georgia Tech and Wake not appear on future Huskies' schedules.

Reaction Score
Not really a fan of this. IMO, we should only be scheduling P5, AAC, MW, or independents. With the expception of Buffalo, I don't really think we should be scheduling any MAC, C-USA, or Sun Belt teams.
Home and home, great location, easy travel, recruits and a chance to win. Not sure how this gets any better.

Reaction Score
That's a point I hadn't considered
Well we have a series with Duke coming up. Also one with NC State, I believe. I would think games with Virginia, maybe VaTech, maybe Georgia Tech certainly Wake Forest would all be doable. North Carolina is also on the schedule. One thing we bring I think is that UConn is relatively close, easy to get to from Raleigh-Durham or DC and Atlanta for that matter, and as someone said there are lots of alums to hit up for donations and so on between Fairfield County, New Haven and Hartford. Add in that UConn has relatively better facilities and is a name, albeit in basketball not football, and ACC games make all kinds of sense. I a
so hope we keep up the Big 10 relationships. Iowa would be a huge get. But Indiana, Illinois, Purdue,maybe Northwestern would all be good games.

Reaction Score
...as someone said there are lots of alums to hit up for donations and so on between Fairfield County, New Haven and Hartford...
I've said something like that in the past. My kid graduated from Wake last year. About a quarter of the undergraduate student body is from the Northeast (New England plus NY, NJ, and PA -- US Census definition). Connecticut itself contributes about 3-4%. If I were Wake I would be looking add non-ACC northeastern schools to their schedule. UConn would be perfect for them. I guess they should also consider UMass, Rutgers, Penn State, and Temple.

Reaction Score
I would agree that those are the competition although we have much better facilities tha UMass which I think makes us more attractive and Penn Stste = Power program. They would do home and home with Clemson and maybe FSU, Miami or Virginia Tech. But Wake would be a stretch.
so the real options are us and Rutgers.

Reaction Score
And while I didn’t look it up, my strong sense is that Duke’s undergrad geographic distribution is similar (national university that has undergrads from all 50 states, but lots from the northeast.) I hope we are trying to schedule football home and homes with them as well.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Really the ACC makes tons of sense for us as a “partner”. At least a game a year, maybe 2. Easy to get to, old rivalries (BC Syracuse, Pitt), similar profiles as large major national universities but not Big 10 large. And they play at the level we aspire to, for the most part. NC State, Virginia, UNC, BC, don’t planon winning national championships any time soon. But they want winning seasons, top 25, good bowls and respect. They won’t say it publicly, but they and we would sign for that in a heartbeat.

Reaction Score
Really the ACC makes tons of sense for us as a “partner”. At least a game a year, maybe 2. Easy to get to, old rivalries (BC Syracuse, Pitt), similar profiles as large major national universities but not Big 10 large. And they play at the level we aspire to, for the most part. NC State, Virginia, UNC, BC, (Edit to include Syracuse, Pitt, Wake, and GT) don’t planon winning national championships any time soon. But they want winning seasons, top 25, good bowls and respect. They won’t say it publicly, but they and we would sign for that in a heartbeat.
FIFY, added Syracuse, Pitt, Wake, and GT in other ACC schools with no realistic expectations of national championships any time soon.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom