UConn adds H/H w/ Florida Atlantic University (2024/2026) | The Boneyard

UConn adds H/H w/ Florida Atlantic University (2024/2026)

Reaction Score

-> The University of Connecticut football team has finalized an agreement to compete against Florida Atlantic during the 2024 and 2026 seasons, as announced on Tuesday.

The Huskies will welcome the Owls to Pratt & Whitney Stadium at Rentschler Field on Saturday, September 21, 2024 and UConn will travel to Boca Raton, Fla. for the return game on Saturday, November 21, 2026. <-

Reaction Score

-> The two teams have met just once. The Owls, who were in their second season of play and were competing at the NCAA Division I-AA (now FCS) level, traveled to Storrs, Conn. back on Nov. 2, 2002 on a 37-degree day, still the coldest day ever for an FAU football game. The 2024 contest will be held at Rentschler Field at Pratt & Whitney Stadium in Hartford, Conn. The 2026 contest will be at FAU Stadium. <-

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score

-> The two teams have met just once. The Owls, who were in their second season of play and were competing at the NCAA Division I-AA (now FCS) level, traveled to Storrs, Conn. back on Nov. 2, 2002 on a 37-degree day, still the coldest day ever for an FAU football game. The 2024 contest will be held at Rentschler Field at Pratt & Whitney Stadium in Hartford, Conn. The 2026 contest will be at FAU Stadium. <-

Storrs? Hartford?

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Not really a fan of this. IMO, we should only be scheduling P5, AAC, MW, or independents. With the expception of Buffalo, I don't really think we should be scheduling any MAC, C-USA, or Sun Belt teams.

Reaction Score
Not really a fan of this. IMO, we should only be scheduling P5, AAC, MW, or independents. With the expception of Buffalo, I don't really think we should be scheduling any MAC, C-USA, or Sun Belt teams.
Totally agree. With our recent dominance in football we should use our clout to determine the schools we play in fertile recruiting grounds.

Reaction Score
Prior to agreeing the FAU contract, UConn had just 6 scheduled 2024 games (all FBS) and 5 scheduled 2026 games (1 FCS opponent). In time, UConn may be better positioned to more selectively pursue and sign game contracts matching fan desires.

In the interim. AD DB and team appear to be making scheduling progress, including games with opponents in FL and other targeted recruiting states. No brainer!

Reaction Score
What P5 team is going to schedule us that isn't a bottom feeder? So basically you just want Rutgers, Syracuse, Cincinnati, USF maybe Pitt? So you just want the old big east teams on the schedule? I'd rather have Georgia Southern, Appalachian St or any Florida over Rutgers or Syracuse.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
I'd rather have Georgia Southern, Appalachian St or any Florida over Rutgers or Syracuse.
From a fan perspective, how could you prefer GA Southern or App St over Rutgers & Cuse? If you bring in the recruiting angle you can make a slight case at best for playing in GA or NC. I wouldn't buy tickets for GAS or AS, but I would for rivalry games with schools I hate.
I'm not defending Shizzle as I like having FAU on the schedule for recruiting and as a destination game for some. They're also not bad. Beat UMass 24-2 and had a 5-4 record, things we can't claim to have done in the recent past.

Reaction Score
What P5 team is going to schedule us that isn't a bottom feeder? So basically you just want Rutgers, Syracuse, Cincinnati, USF maybe Pitt? So you just want the old big east teams on the schedule? I'd rather have Georgia Southern, Appalachian St or any Florida over Rutgers or Syracuse.
Understand your point in your first sentence, but as for the rest of your post, are you totally nuts? I think you will find yourself in the minority on that part of your post.

Reaction Score
From a fan perspective, how could you prefer GA Southern or App St over Rutgers & Cuse? If you bring in the recruiting angle you can make a slight case at best for playing in GA or NC. I wouldn't buy tickets for GAS or AS, but I would for rivalry games with schools I hate.
I'm not defending Shizzle as I like having FAU on the schedule for recruiting and as a destination game for some. They're also not bad. Beat UMass 24-2 and had a 5-4 record, things we can't claim to have done in the recent past.
Georgia Southern and App St are better teams than Syracuse and Rutgers. There's 0 reason to play Syracuse on the football field other than nostalgia. They're not in great area for recruiting and Syracuse sucks as a destination. Rutgers you at least get the ability for recruiting NJ players. But I would say have Georgia and NC trips would do better for recruiting those areas than playing Rutgers at the absolute trash hole of North Jersey

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The Owls, who were in their second season of play and were competing at the NCAA Division I-AA (now FCS) level, traveled to Storrs, Conn. back on Nov. 2, 2002 on a 37-degree day, still the coldest day ever for an FAU football game.
And they were coached by Howard Schnellenberger (who passed away 2 weeks ago) wearing a baseball cap and a sweatshirt. That's a coach!

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Better than playing RI or Maine, so long as we win.

Reaction Score

Silly

It's very important to play in Florida. Near what has been traditionally 10-15% of our team's hometowns.

What does our Connecticut fanbase care whether its FAU or USForUCF. Or UNF. Of its not Miami or Florida State or UF ... the others have a short history or Brand. And playing down there? UCONN travel will be virtually the same to any of 5 programs.

Future competition? I think FAU can be good ... and certainly is one we should target as filling 12 slots a year is a challenge

Reaction Score
Georgia Southern and App St are better teams than Syracuse and Rutgers. There's 0 reason to play Syracuse on the football field other than nostalgia. They're not in great area for recruiting and Syracuse sucks as a destination. Rutgers you at least get the ability for recruiting NJ players. But I would say have Georgia and NC trips would do better for recruiting those areas than playing Rutgers at the absolute trash hole of North Jersey

Disagree

Cmon Man. We actually can rub into someone from Syracuse or Rutgers in the grocery store or fender bender on a Interstate. who is a UCONN fan cares about App State. That's nonsense.

UC1995

Back to Basics!
Reaction Score
Super bad take.

Reaction Score
The 2024 home schedule is pretty bad. This game doesn’t make it better, but there are still more opportunities

Reaction Score
Have you enjoyed winning 2-4 games a year over the last decade? If the answer is no than you should want 3 or 4 competitive games on the schedule. Uconn has dug such a deep hole as a program they can't really look their nose down on anybody including FAU.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
While you are correct, the UConn fan will pay money to see us play Syracuse and Rutgers, not Georgia Southern, SMU or other good programs.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom