UConn AAC rivalries | The Boneyard

UConn AAC rivalries

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We're going to be here for a while so might as well build up rivalries for our time here.

SMU and Navy have a 16 game rivalry going back to 1930.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gansz_Trophy

How that happened, I have no idea. But the rivalries we have in the AAC appear to be USF, Temple, and Cincinnati. So far.

Reaction Score
I consider Temple to be our rivalry going forward. We have had really good/bad games against each other.

*** Edit, I previously made a dumba$$ statement regarding who the coach was. My bad.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I consider Temple to be our rivalry going forward. We have had really good/bad games against each other. That combined with Ambrose as their head coach always makes it an interesting game.

Um.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I consider Temple to be our rivalry going forward. We have had really good/bad games against each other. That combined with Ambrose as their head coach always makes it an interesting game.

Did I miss Ambrose being hired by Temple?

Reaction Score
Serious question, how are you so drunk at 830am? Ambrose coaches Towson. Matt Rhule coaches Temple.

I'd rather Cincy be our rival, but we have no real rivals in this conference. Lets add UMass to the schedule every year. It would be closer to a rivalry than anything here.

Dooley

Reaction Score
Yep. i effed up.

Oh okay…I was just making sure I didn't miss one of the 1,000,000 tweets about coaches coming and going!

Reaction Score
Serious question, how are you so drunk at 830am? Ambrose coaches Towson. Matt Rhule coaches Temple.

I'd rather Cincy be our rival, but we have no real rivals in this conference. Lets add UMass to the schedule every year. It would be closer to a rivalry than anything here.

I know that USF doesn't feel like a rival to us, but their fan site is named after that play that they tried to run against us (Voodoo 5)...clearly they hate us more than we hate them.

Dooley

Reaction Score
I hate this conference more than any individual school in it. I'd say Mike Aresco is our biggest rival.

Reaction Score
we need a rival that has a serious Napoleon complex and is short-dicked. Don't forget we're replacing Rutgers here.
That would be Memphis. Bring on the Tigers!

Reaction Score
I said short-dicked, not no-dicked.
They've produced draft picks higher than us.

Fans were citing USF as one of the best games they saw at the Rent at the last game on the jumbotron, if I am recalling correctly. UCF and USF are recruiting better than Illinois.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom