UConn -7.5 vs Memphis | The Boneyard

UConn -7.5 vs Memphis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I would be very surprised if this doesn't come down to -5.5 before tip tomorrow. Either way I'm not touching it, I just want our boys to get the dub. Memphis has been to the FT line 2nd most in the country, and our guys can't help themselves from committing horrible ticky tack fouls. Memphis is a much more talented team than Temple in my opinion. I hope we get off to a good start and play a full 40. We aren't good enough right now not to take this Memphis team VERY seriously. let's go

Reaction Score
I would be very surprised if this doesn't come down to -5.5 before tip tomorrow. Either way I'm not touching it, I just want our boys to get the dub. Memphis has been to the FT line 2nd most in the country, and our guys can't help themselves from committing horrible ticky tack fouls. Memphis is a much more talented team than Temple in my opinion. I hope we get off to a good start and play a full 40. We aren't good enough right now not to take this Memphis team VERY seriously. let's go
Agreed..... This is why we cover

Reaction Score
Seems like a good game to play some zone. Memphis has not shot the ball well from 3.

Reaction Score
Love us at 7.5, LOVE us at 5.5.

Reaction Score
We need a good Gampel crowd tomorrow. 7 pm start on a Saturday should bring that.

Reaction Score
Love us at 7.5, LOVE us at 5.5.

Nobody will be more happy than me when you hit it. But if I bet UConn will be up 9 points with 45 seconds, commit an off the ball foul Memphis makes both so 7 point game. We get intentionally fouled and hit 1-2 FT's so 6 point game. Shaq Godwin hits a meaningless off balance fadeaway. Memphis cover…but I'm not betting!

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
I watched them play South Carolina. Quick and hit the boards. They go nonstop. Tough one for sure. A victory over Memphis might save them from dropping out of the T25. This one would be a huge W.

Reaction Score
I watched them play South Carolina. Quick and hit the boards. They go nonstop. Tough one for sure. A victory over Memphis might save them from dropping out of the T25. This one would be a huge W.
We're dropping out regardless unfortunately

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
We're dropping out regardless unfortunately

We should drop out and does it really matter? This team, right now, is no where near a top 25 team

Reaction Score
Seems like a good game to play some zone. Memphis has not shot the ball well from 3.
Why do I have the feeling that this is the game Memphis gets hot from outside?

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
memphis is going to come in and try to bully and them around... we need to be the aggressors and bully them first, they act like punks for the most part, anyone remember how pastner was celebrating on our homecourt when they won? the team is not lacking talent just meanness and energy

Reaction Score
But will the student section be filled?

The school is 80% in-state students. I expect the student section will be large enough to bring a roar. Maybe half of the overload section will be filled? I'll be there.

Reaction Score
The school is 80% in-state students. I expect the student section will be large enough to bring a roar. Maybe half of the overload section will be filled? I'll be there.
Not a student but I'll be there also.

H

huskymagic

BField with our defense the zone will be ineffective. Just the fact that Ollie has utilized zone more than any other year or UCONN team I can remember, and the fact that we are discussing playing zone on the boneyard shows how much faith Ollie has in his defense, and how much WE as fans are concerned about the state of the team.

Defense is mostly about hustle, desire to stop your man, and concentration. Gibbs, Hamilton, and others are lacking in this aspect. However, we did not lose against Temple because of defense. We lost because of Sterling Gibbs inability to run an offense and our team's collective inability to make shots outside of Miller and Adams late. We need Adams to take the reigns and be encouraged to lead in order for him to be truly effective not afraid of stepping on toes, and for our team to excel.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
BField with our defense the zone will be ineffective. Just the fact that Ollie has utilized zone more than any other year or UCONN team I can remember, and the fact that we are discussing playing zone on the boneyard shows how much faith Ollie has in his defense, and how much WE as fans are concerned about the state of the team.

Defense is mostly about hustle, desire to stop your man, and concentration. Gibbs, Hamilton, and others are lacking in this aspect. However, we did not lose against Temple because of defense. We lost because of Sterling Gibbs inability to run an offense and our team's collective inability to make shots outside of Miller and Adams late. We need Adams to take the reigns and be encouraged to lead in order for him to be truly effective not afraid of stepping on toes, and for our team to excel.

I disagree to some degree with your ascertain that Gibbs failed to run the offense. My son and I were isolating on him during the second half and there were many times he tried to set up a play for RP, OC and DHam but those guys either ignored him, shook him off or just stood. Could he have played better? Hell yes but that wasn't the major lapse in offense. UConn simply runs a pro style offense that is not suitable for the talent out there. Yes Adams did some aggressive things out there but he has too many brain farts (he is a freshman) and he must show he can hit an outside shot to keep defenses honest. If T Brown could do it years ago, I know Adams can also.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
We should drop out and does it really matter? This team, right now, is no where near a top 25 team
Georgia Tech is beating up Virginia as I type. Anything can happen this year. minute and a half Virginia down 10.

Reaction Score

They are dorpping out of the top 25 unless they win by 40 points tonight. Book it.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
So we were a 10 point favorite against Temple and lost by 2, so if we're a 7.5 point favorite today, we'll lose by 5...... Just kidding, I hope,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom