UConn (-5.5) v. Wichita State | The Boneyard

UConn (-5.5) v. Wichita State

Reaction Score
Normally I would chime in with a few notable stats about the game, but the article below does the job well enough.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
I think at this point the media collectively is trolling the slow, painful death and demise of UConn with articles and headlines like these.

Reaction Score
We haven't won back to back AAC games in over a year...need to handle business tonight at home as decent favorites.

Reaction Score
We seem to need blow outs to win. We are very sketchy in close games.

Reaction Score
Today's game, and the home game against ECU, are the only games left where UConn would today be the favorite. If form holds, UConn ends up 13-18 on the regular season. So the last thing of interest to a UConn fan is the morning line. This team simply has to be much better than it's been, or Hurley's first year is an on-court disaster. We can only hope.

Reaction Score
Today's game, and the home game against ECU, are the only games left where UConn would today be the favorite. If form holds, UConn ends up 13-18 on the regular season. So the last thing of interest to a UConn fan is the morning line. This team simply has to be much better than it's been, or Hurley's first year is an on-court disaster. We can only hope.
"is an on-court disaster" Really?? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Reaction Score

That’s not true. Ken Pomeroy’s site currently has us favored against Wichita St. tonight, against ECU twice, home against USF, and home against Temple. Our current projected record is 17-14. I wouldn’t be happy with that, but it’s a lot better than 13-18.

Attachments

• A40CFDE1-D355-4C26-8A45-340D3EF0313B.png
    A40CFDE1-D355-4C26-8A45-340D3EF0313B.png
    818 KB · Views: 25
Reaction Score
“After a big win vs Tulane”? Comical. Can’t believe uconn is favored by 5.5. That’s insane. Game shud be a pick em. Wichita st must be beyond awful. If I wasn’t a Uconn fan , id mortgage my house on Wichita +5.5 tonight. Hope I’m wrong.

Reaction Score
"is an on-court disaster" Really?? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Well, yes, really. I'm speaking of a 13-18 regular season, which would mean nine straight losses going into the tournament -- and that's what lies ahead if UConn does not win as a morning-line underdog, which it has not done once this season. Not once -- really.

Reaction Score
We won big against Tulane. By that definition it was a big win. Why is that comical?
I guess you could look at it that way. But I don't think I've ever used that characterization for a blow out win against an awful team. If we played a top 25 team and blew them out I might say it was a "big win". But that's because it was a combination of a wide margin over a good team. A "big win" to me has to be over a good team. To each his own, I guess.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
“After a big win vs Tulane”? Comical. Can’t believe uconn is favored by 5.5. That’s insane. Game shud be a pick em. Wichita st must be beyond awful. If I wasn’t a Uconn fan , id mortgage my house on Wichita +5.5 tonight. Hope I’m wrong.
You don’t know anything about Witchita St but would bet your mortgage on them if you weren’t a UConn fan. Solid betting strategy. :confused:

Reaction Score
LOL! You are delusional and know nothing about college basketball for sure after the results.

YearoftheHusky

Name checks out.
Reaction Score
I guess you could look at it that way. But I don't think I've ever used that characterization for a blow out win against an awful team. If we played a top 25 team and blew them out I might say it was a "big win". But that's because it was a combination of a wide margin over a good team. A "big win" to me has to be over a good team. To each his own, I guess.

You’ve literally never said “we won big against _____ “ ?

Reaction Score
I’m happy you kept your home.

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
lol

Reaction Score

Ridiculous post. The team is 12-8 and has shown much improvement over last season. Hurley inherited a mess. He has done a very good job of turning things around.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom