UConn #3 Among Top 30 Transfers For 2015-16 | The Boneyard

UConn #3 Among Top 30 Transfers For 2015-16

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mazhude

"Bark, Bark!"
Reaction Score
http://collegebasketball.nbcsports.com/2015/09/29/top-30-transfers-for-2015-16/

Behind Louisville and Maryland... time will tell.

3. Sterling Gibbs
(via Seton Hall) and Shonn Miller (via Cornell), UConn

Kevin Ollie had a great spring, picking up two impact transfers for next season. With Ryan Boatright graduating, Gibbs, the ex-Seton Hall lead guard, can slide right into that role of scorer and facilitator. He’s also someone who isn’t afraid to take a big shot. Gibbs will run the show in a talented perimeter of Daniel Hamilton, Rodney Purvis, Sam Cassell Jr. and Jalen Adams. Gibbs averaged 16.3 points, 2.1 rebounds and 3.8 assists per game, shooting 43 percent from three for the Pirates last season.

Joining Gibbs is Shonn Miller, the all-Ivy League forward. The 6-foot-7 stuffed the statsheet, posting averages of 16.8 points, 8.5 rebounds, 1.0 assists, 1.8 blocks and 1.3 steals per game. Matched up with shot-blocker Amida Brimah, the Huskies will have two very good defenders on the frontline.

Reaction Score
I can see Louisville, because I think you can argue that Lee was the best player to move in the offseason, but no way to Maryland. Sulaimon was a good pickup for them, but he's really getting overrated.

Reaction Score
I keep wanting to put Larrier in this discussion and say we blow everyone out of the water....but he doesn't play next year, even though his commitment came around the same time as the other two.

Reaction Score
honestly don't see how anybody could be #1 on this list other than uconn. Gibbs all conference in the big east and miller was in the ivy. No way in hell sulieman is close to as good of a ball player as gibbs. Miller i guess is up for debate since he was in the ivy, but still. He is a high d1 player talent/athleticism wise

Reaction Score
I can see Louisville, because I think you can argue that Lee was the best player to move in the offseason, but no way to Maryland. Sulaimon was a good pickup for them, but he's really getting overrated.
I was surprised that lee didn't go pro at the end of last year......wished he would have come back to the state for this year

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Sulaimon gets overrated because he wore a Duke jersey, seriously it affects people's memory and perception.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
Yeah I hate to be an over the top optimist, but I would put us #1 here.

Lee isn't proven in a high major conference. Tough to imagine him being much better than Gibbs was in the Big East. And to the same extent, Miller was almost as valuable as Lee for Cornell once you factor his tremendous defense in.

Both Miller and Gibbs are better than Sulaimon, so I don't see how Maryland beats us out at all.

I'm confident this list will look different in retrospect.

Reaction Score
#1 in September is really nice.
#1 in April, on the other hand, is a whole 'nother world of better.
Mark it down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky