UConn #23 in Goodman's Top 25 | The Boneyard

UConn #23 in Goodman's Top 25

Reaction Score
Yea I’ll be honest (and maybe it’s because it’s been a while since we had this many skilled basketball players) but I watched 3 Nova last night and am watching 4 Virginia now and there is little doubt in my mind that we would be a tough game for both of them at the very least.

Last edited:

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
anyone know offhand when we were last in the top 25 exactly?

Reaction Score
anyone know offhand when we were last in the top 25 exactly?
From the ctpost:
"UConn still hasn’t been ranked since Oct. 31, 2016, when it was ranked No. 18 in the preseason poll. The following week, after a home loss to Northeastern in their season-opener, the Huskies were out of the Top 25."

Reaction Score
Most of the Top 25 haven't done anything. I am taking it without complaint or qualification.
Exactly. In a normal year, the rankings are pretty much worthless until after Thanksgiving or the first week of December when actual games and the November Tournaments are played (Maui, Atlantis, 2K, etc). Going into 2010 we were unranked, I don’t even think we were receiving votes, but after we won Maui, we jumped in the rankings to like #8.

Reaction Score
I don't see what we've done to warrant it honestly. We have potential but a lot to prove. I'd much rather be the scrappy underdog this time of year right now. We aren't a perennial power yet.

Still... congrats to the team!
Hey we beat the #10 pick in the NEC. Kicked their butts in the second half. And held Cental Connecticut to 50% from the field!!! 48 from 3. A team from the NEC shoots like than, Calhoun would have walked out of the gym and said call me when you want to play basketball. this was one of those games we should win be 40.

Reaction Score
I was expecting this. I wouldnt be surprised if we showed up in one of the national polls next week.

Reaction Score
I don't see what we've done to warrant it honestly. We have potential but a lot to prove. I'd much rather be the scrappy underdog this time of year right now. We aren't a perennial power yet.

Goodman had UConn at #23 in his preseason poll. So the Huskies have done nothing yet to warrant moving them up and nothing to warrant moving them down. That's pretty much the extent of the explanation for the 23rd ranking.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Enjoy the ride man. This has been years in the making. We've gone through the pain now let's appreciate the gain and trust these guys will gel as a team. The talent is there and we haven't even played with a full deck yet. Just purely from an eye test of these guys you would have to go back to maybe 2015 or so.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Hey we beat the #10 pick in the NEC. Kicked their butts in the second half. And held Cental Connecticut to 50% from the field!!! 48 from 3. A team from the NEC shoots like than, Calhoun would have walked out of the gym and said call me when you want to play basketball. this was one of those games we should win be 40.

This is all true. And Calhoun’s team would have scored 70 instead of over 100.

Not sure how short our memories are, but that 2016 loss to Northeastern was mentioned. We also lost to Wagner. The next season we struggled with Stony Brook in a W that shouldn’t have been close. We also lost two weeks of practice.

I think Hurley will tighten up the D. And yes, I think this is a top 25 team.

Reaction Score
This is all true. And Calhoun’s team would have scored 70 instead of over 100.

Not sure how short our memories are, but that 2016 loss to Northeastern was mentioned. We also lost to Wagner. The next season we struggled with Stony Brook in a W that shouldn’t have been close. We also lost two weeks of practice.

I think Hurley will tighten up the D. And yes, I think this is a top 25 team.
I agree with you about about potential to reach the top 25, and that a “bad” game this year is better than the Northeastern, Wagner, Stony Brook, and St. Joseph’s games the past few years. Let’s not pretend Calhoun’s teams didn’t put up serious points against CCSU, though.
9689089F-E4EA-45FE-BA0E-1FCDBB365BA7.jpeg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom