UConn & 2024 Hockey East Men’s Tournament (Saturday 3/16/24 v. #1 Boston College @Kelly Rink @7:30p). Game on NESN+/ESPN+ | Page 3 | The Boneyard

UConn & 2024 Hockey East Men’s Tournament (Saturday 3/16/24 v. #1 Boston College @Kelly Rink @7:30p). Game on NESN+/ESPN+

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Putting the #1team in the nation on the ropes for the entire 3rd period, fighting with everything they had…that was a heroic effort.
We should be proud of the Huskies tonight.
it was a tough season but I don’t think some of this teams toughest and most unforgiving critics fully appreciate how good the league is this year. BC & BU are both legitimate contenders for a NC.
i love my HUSKIES. Can’t wait for next year!

Reaction Score
Gut wrenching loss. Coming back and finishing the deal would have been one of the top 2 or 3 wins in program history.
They showed more grit tonight than most games this year.

Reaction Score
Putting the #1team in the nation on the ropes for the entire 3rd period, fighting with everything they had…that was a heroic effort.
We should be proud of the Huskies tonight.
it was a tough season but I don’t think some of this teams toughest and most unforgiving critics fully appreciate how good the league is this year. BC & BU are both legitimate contenders for a NC.
i love my HUSKIES. Can’t wait for next year!
I thought Cav did a tremendous job this year given how tough the league was this year.

Reaction Score

That third period was about the most exciting and entertaining hockey can get. The goals and killing off the 5-3 along with the intensity needs to be bottled up somehow for next season.

Reaction Score
I thought Cav did a tremendous job this year given how tough the league was this year.
Sub par is the verdict here. The scoring didn’t come until March. Special teams were generally bad. Too inconsistent game to game and horrendous record at Tuscano (minus Vermont). It’s no surprise that UConn responded in this last game - they were on the road.

Reaction Score
Can’t be upset about this loss, guys battled to the end, let’s take this momentum into next season.

This is probably a stupid question but is Matthew Wood gonna be back next year?

Reaction Score
He's so young I'd like to think Nashville wants to keep him at the college ranks another year.
As to whether he transfers, I guess we aren't allowed to speculate. We really need to pair him with a playmaking center.
If there's anyway his workouts can focus on getting faster he should focus on that because he has the other tools

Reaction Score
He's so young I'd like to think Nashville wants to keep him at the college ranks another year.
As to whether he transfers, I guess we aren't allowed to speculate. We really need to pair him with a playmaking center.
If there's anyway his workouts can focus on getting faster he should focus on that because he has the other tools
I can corroborate that. I learned the hard way that speculating about transfers means a minimum 3 day ban from the forum, so none of that please.

I agree on your analysis where Wood needs to improve. Or just play Vermont every game :) .

Reaction Score
On the women's side, tough as the double OT loss was to UMD, did you see the Ohio State - UMD score? 9-0!

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
On the women's side, tough as the double OT loss was to UMD, did you see the Ohio State - UMD score? 9-0!
Ohio State is now 6-0 vs them this year and outscored them 24-2.

Reaction Score
Can’t be upset about this loss, guys battled to the end, let’s take this momentum into next season.

This is probably a stupid question but is Matthew Wood gonna be back next year?
My personal opinion is that he needs to play more hockey games and work on his skating. I’m not sure that UConn the correct place for him to get his game to the next level. We shall see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom