UConn 2019-20 AAC Opponents Announced

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Didn’t see this posted anywhere...

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
It's nice that the league office does what it can to mitigate the low level of competition by scheduling UConn's home-and-aways against the better among the others. It's not a lot but it's something.

Reaction Score
Along the bottom of the photo are the logos of the teams for 'away only' , 'home only', and both 'away and home'

Centerstream

I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but
Reaction Score
Along the bottom of the photo are the logos of the teams for 'away only' , 'home only', and both 'away and home'
I apologize, even with my specticals on, my 60+yo eyeballs missed that information when using my smarty phone

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Does this free UCONN up to schedule some additional OOC games this season?

Reaction Score
Hot off the presses, link to the Hartford Courant.

"...Huskies to face top AAC teams twice each". I can't get past that portion of the headline, it sounds like an oxymoron to me.

UConn women’s basketball will face about as difficult a conference schedule for the 2019-20 season as the AAC can offer.

Here is how UConn’s full 16-game conference schedule will break down:
Home games only: Tulane, Tulsa, Wichita State
Road games only: East Carolina, SMU, Temple
Home and road games: UCF, Cincinnati, Houston, Memphis, USF

Dates and times for the match-ups will be released in August.

The AAC also announced Tuesday that the conference tournament will be held at Mohegan Sun Arena in Uncasville for the seventh straight year, from March 6-9.

UConn women’s basketball conference games revealed: Huskies to face top AAC teams twice each

Reaction Score
Maybe this oft referenced in the past and if this is a dead horse I apologize for whipping it...

...but I'm a long-time fan going back to the Big East times when the match-ups were great and the Tournaments up-for-grabs. They were the top, or one of the top echelons in women's basketball and a joy to watch.

AAC not so much. Being undefeated lifetime just says bad things about the status quo.

I've heard various historical explanations from football, money, religion and I get that there are extenuating circumstances which put basketball down the food chain. Probably don't know the real truth and recognize with each passing year it ain't changing soon.

But...it isn't good for me as a fan, doubt it is good for the AAC, doubt it is good for the Huskies, players, coaches, whomever.

No point really, just reminiscing while looking back at my collection of Big East Tournament caps and hoping behind the scenes some positive change is in the works.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Maybe this oft referenced in the past and if this is a dead horse I apologize for whipping it...

...but I'm a long-time fan going back to the Big East times when the match-ups were great and the Tournaments up-for-grabs. They were the top, or one of the top echelons in women's basketball and a joy to watch.

AAC not so much. Being undefeated lifetime just says bad things about the status quo.

I've heard various historical explanations from football, money, religion and I get that there are extenuating circumstances which put basketball down the food chain. Probably don't know the real truth and recognize with each passing year it ain't changing soon.

But...it isn't good for me as a fan, doubt it is good for the AAC, doubt it is good for the Huskies, players, coaches, whomever.

No point really, just reminiscing while looking back at my collection of Big East Tournament caps and hoping behind the scenes some positive change is in the works.
I would like to know if you had inside info on UConn possible move to the Big East. Less than 18 hours after your post it is leaked that this might just happen.:rolleyes:;)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom