UCONN 2017-2018 Non-Conference Schedule | The Boneyard

UCONN 2017-2018 Non-Conference Schedule

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
If this was already posted, I didn't see it, my apologies.

[LINK]

Last edited by a moderator:

Centerstream

I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but
Reaction Score
When will the Conference schedule be announced? For some reason I thought that it was supposed to be announced sometime in August...

From the conference website's story regarding the schedule model: The complete 2017-18 women's basketball schedule with dates and times will be announced in late August.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
When will the Conference schedule be announced? For some reason I thought that it was supposed to be announced sometime in August...

From the conference website's story regarding the schedule model: The complete 2017-18 women's basketball schedule with dates and times will be announced in late August.

Last year the schedule announcement slipped to after Labor Day. It always coincides with the AAC release of the schedule. I expect that it should come sometime this week.

Carnac

Reaction Score

The basketball office has released only the OOC schedule. They have to wait until they get the AAC portion of of their schedule from the AAC Conference headquarters. That schedule may not be completed until late summer. Some conferences may not be in a rush to set up and release their conference schedules until any and all glitches (scheduling conflicts i.e., facility availability, or conflicts between two or more teams) have been addressed and solved. Last year's complete UConn women's schedule was released by the basketball office on September 9. As dbmill suggested, the full schedule should be released in the next week to 10 days.

From the UConn women's basketball news page:
September 9, 2016 - Women's Basketball Announces 2016-17 Schedule

Centerstream

I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but
Reaction Score
Last year the schedule announcement slipped to after Labor Day. It always coincides with the AAC release of the schedule. I expect that it should come sometime this week.
I guess my post wasn't very clear. The second paragraph from my original post was copied from the AAC's announcement on their website that gave the schools that every one was scheduled to meet but without any dates, sites or times. It did state that that info would be announced in August.

http://theamerican.org/news/2017/6/7/WBB_0607171146

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
No date given for Kia's home game vs. Duquesne...anybody have an idea?? Thanks!!

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Is there any team that will start off the season with 4 Games like UConn is doing? For many other teams it would result in three or four losses.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Is there any team that will start off the season with 4 Games like UConn is doing? For many other teams it would result in three or four losses.

That game against UCLA really concerns me. Third game in five days; they have to play Maryland on a Sunday afternoon then fly to the West coast and play Tuesday night for game three. UCLA has just one game in that same stretch but it's against Baylor the Saturday before.

Carnac

Reaction Score
[QUOTE="Sluconn Husky, post: 2320834, member: 5089"]That game against UCLA really concerns me. Third game in five days; they have to play Maryland on a Sunday afternoon then fly to the West coast and play Tuesday night for game three. UCLA has just one game in that same stretch but it's against Baylor the Saturday before.[/QUOTE]

In addition to those concerns you mentioned, they will be handicapped with one more dynamic.....................................JET LAG!!!! Tip off is 10:30 pm est. After being up all day, they have to play after being up for 12-14 hours (their body clock time). Hopefully they can all take a 2-3 hour afternoon nap. I can assure you UCLA won't be tired. A 7:30 pm (local time) tipoff is normal for them.

I'm a BIG fan of the three non-conference games after the first of the year. It breaks up the monotony of league play, and gives the UConn fan base some meaningful games to look forward to in January and February.

Reaction Score
The UCLA game jumps out immediately to me as the game we may be most vulnerable to lose. Face Maryland and than a 48 turnaround heading out west. That will not be easy. They gave us a good game in CT and will be better.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
I may be a bit daft in understanding the schedule but it appears that we're flying back and forth
to the West Coast (including Reno...almost the West coast) three times in a little more than two weeks (unless the team doesn't come back to school after UCLA and hangs around).

A bit insane, either way...

Nice to play good teams but...

If I've misunderstood, will someone please correct me.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Any team with Canada and Billings is going to be good so the UCLA game will be a challenge because of the quality of the opponent and the travel circumstances. UCLA hung around against UConn (86-71 final) because they were able to knock down 3-pointers (9 made). UCLA lost a lot of made 3-pointers to graduation (Kornet and Korver) so how good UCLA is will depend on who steps up and makes perimeter shots.

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
I may be a bit daft in understanding the schedule but it appears that we're flying back and forth
to the West Coast (including Reno...almost the West coast) three times in a little more than two weeks (unless the team doesn't come back to school after UCLA and hangs around).

A bit insane, either way...

Nice to play good teams but...

If I've misunderstood, will someone please correct me.

You may be misunderstanding....we play Stanford in Columbus, Ohio. We come back and play Maryland at home.
Then fly to UCLA. From UCLA (and this is over Thanksgiving break), they fly to Nike and play Michigan State, proceeding
from there to Reno. THEN they fly home. May miss Monday-Tuesday classes after break, that's all.

Reaction Score
You may be misunderstanding....we play Stanford in Columbus, Ohio. We come back and play Maryland at home.
Then fly to UCLA. From UCLA (and this is over Thanksgiving break), they fly to Nike and play Michigan State, proceeding
from there to Reno. THEN they fly home. May miss Monday-Tuesday classes after break, that's all.

It seems that Geno takes great pleasure in scheduling the best teams in the country over a very tight time period...........it's like a yearly basketball ultra marathon

Carnac

Reaction Score
I'm anticipating the UConn basketball office will release the FULL 2017-2018 women's basketball schedule THIS WEEK.

Shorty Dee

Number 1 UConn fan
Reaction Score
As always this season will be wonderful. I look forward to the season. Like last season, and year before, 2017-2018 will be fun and amazing :).

Reaction Score
It is so frustrating that UConn still has not announced which games are at Gampel and which at XL....

HGN

Reaction Score
The UCLA game jumps out immediately to me as the game we may be most vulnerable to lose. Face Maryland and than a 48 turnaround heading out west. That will not be easy. They gave us a good game in CT and will be better.
Hopefully this is where our depth pays off.

Reaction Score
Is there an up-to-date and credible WCBB ranking out yet? Charlie Kreme's "way too early" attempt was breaking down almost as soon as he published it, as transfers and defections to the pros decimated the ranks of his assumed top-ranked teams.

Anything?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom