Status
Not open for further replies.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Maui: #5 Oregon, #6 North Carolina, #10 Wisconsin
OOC: #17 Syracuse
AAC: #25 Cincinnati
Wait, so based on preseason rankings we are only scheduled to play at most 5 ranked teams?

I think I just gagged a little.

Reaction Score
Wait, so based on preseason rankings we are only scheduled to play at most 5 ranked teams?

Nothing new, though; we've played a total of 18 ranked teams in the regular season and conference tournament in the 3 years since being relegated to the AAC. Over our final 3 seasons in the Big East we played 29 ranked opponents.

Reaction Score

At most we can only play four, as we'll only see at most two of those ranked teams in Maui. Worst case scenario, we lost our first game in Maui, don't play any ranked teams there, and Cinci drops out of the rankings before we get them - we'd be playing only one ranked team. Of course, there's always time for other teams to move in and out of the rankings, though it's unlikely anyone from the AAC outside of us, Cinci, and SMU possibly do so. It's a tough outlook, but what can you do?

Reaction Score

If we lose against Oklahoma State in Maui, our best game is against #17 Syracuse in MSG in December. And they may be our only ranked opponent.

Yes, Oklahoma State is a must-win.

Reaction Score
The new Big East would only be 6 ranked teams, so not much of a difference.

If we were in the BE there would be 7 ranked teams and we would have games against 10 ranked teams across our schedule, plus the games in the BE tournament at THE Garden.

Reaction Score
About right as JC had UConn pegged in the #10 to #15 range. The team has the talent, the question is is they can put it all together as a team.

pj

Reaction Score
If we were in the BE there would be 7 ranked teams and we would have games against 10 ranked teams across our schedule, plus the games in the BE tournament at THE Garden.

But, if we used our time travel machine, we wouldn't be eligible for the 2017 NCAA tourney. Our games would be in another year.

Reaction Score
that first game vs ok state scares the bejesus out of me, staten the pg for ok state will probably be the best player on the floor. You have that and the sparkly new hc hire (an actual good coach) in underwood...I take solace in the fact that they have no one else with much talent and are coming off a long stretch of mediocrity. Winning Maui puts the team in prime position for a freaking one seed, its a monster opportunity for the guys.

Reaction Score
that first game vs ok state scares the bejesus out of me, staten the pg for ok state will probably be the best player on the floor. You have that and the sparkly new hc hire (an actual good coach) in underwood...I take solace in the fact that they have no one else with much talent and are coming off a long stretch of mediocrity. Winning Maui puts the team in prime position for a freaking one seed, its a monster opportunity for the guys.

Reminds me of Wichita game in the last Maui

Reaction Score

Yea if Ford was still the coach I wouldn't be as concerned but Underwood was a beast at SFA.

Reaction Score
Their PG, Juwan Evans, will be one of the best guards in the country. That being said, they don't have much on the roster after him, and little to no size inside. Between Adams, Purvis, Gilbert and Vital, my hope is that we can match up with him and try to wear him down.

Reaction Score
Their PG, Juwan Evans, will be one of the best guards in the country. That being said, they don't have much on the roster after him, and little to no size inside. Between Adams, Purvis, Gilbert and Vital, my hope is that we can match up with him and try to wear him down.

Wow my bad I called him staten , another player who killed us in a preseason tourney few seasons back.

Reaction Score
If we lose against Oklahoma State in Maui, our best game is against #17 Syracuse in MSG in December. And they may be our only ranked opponent.

Yes, Oklahoma State is a must-win.

I'm admittedly arguing semantics (it's really important) but calling a November game a must-win is ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom