OT: UConn -13 1/2 vs. UNC Asheville | The Boneyard

OT: UConn -13 1/2 vs. UNC Asheville

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
UConn overvalued @ - 13 1/2. Preseason hype generated by the National Championship and the addition of Drummond (that project will take time but will materialize with force) has caused mistakes in the line or market mistakes. It could just be to much respect for projected contenders as UConn sits @ #4 in the rankings.

UNC Asheville played great against Mars Hill College scoring 126 pts ;). Mars Hill formerly known as French Broad Baptist Institute and inspired by the quote “Then Paul stood in the midst of Mars’ hill and said, ‘Ye men of Athens, I perceive that in all things ye are too superstitious." is quality competition!!

So if you are a UConn fan who traveled to the Bahamas call your bookie and take the points. This way all expenses will be paid for when you return home to collect your winnings.

Disclosure: This post is for entertainment purposes only and is not intended to promote gambl$$$.

Reaction Score
Interesting that the game now sits at UCONN -11 144 . Can we put up 80 !? to cover of course..

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Line makes no sense. 80% of the money is on UConn according to the websites and the line has gone from 14 to 11.5.

There are certainly some gamblers who see that as a clear sign to bet UNC-A.

Reaction Score
Interesting that the game now sits at UCONN -11 144 . Can we put up 80 !? to cover of course..
It's no different then trying to buy shares of stock at the price you want. Smart $ was on the +13 1/2. If you bought UNCA @ + 13 1/2 on paper this was a good investment because 2 1/2 pts in a college game is solid line movement. This is similar to correcting a market mistake that I referenced in my original post. Who will bite @ 11 or 11 1/2 or lower? Books trying to get even money on the action. Although there are other possible reasons where the system gets manipulated outside of the books control. All in fun of course. Nothing more nothing less. ;)

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
It's no different then trying to buy shares of stock at the price you want. Smart $ was on the +13 1/2. If you bought UNCA @ + 13 1/2 on paper this was a good investment because 2 1/2 pts in a college game is solid line movement. This is similar to correcting a market mistake that I referenced in my original post. Who will bite @ 11 or 11 1/2 or lower? Books trying to get even money on the action. Although there are other possible reasons where the system gets manipulated outside of the books control. All in fun of course. Nothing more nothing less. ;)

Right it makes no sense because the line is dropping and the money is already on UConn. Based on 80% of the money on UConn the line should have gone up, not down, but it shot down this morning and stayed there.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I had UNC-A +14... so it was dicey. If you were on the 11.5 number... that is a painful ending if you laid the points.

Reaction Score
I had UNC-A +14... so it was dicey. If you were on the 11.5 number... that is a painful ending if you laid the points.
Dicey? Not if you had a good idea of how it might play out at the end. :D$$

Just kidding of course...;)

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Dicey? Not if you had a good idea of how it might play out at the end. :D$$

Just kidding of course...;)

Yeah 3 ball in the air to cover 14, and a shot that would have made it a push waved off on a shot clock violation... feels like I'm usually on the other side of those.

I was lucky enough to get Fairfield -2 tonight, if that doesn't come in I may just give up.

Reaction Score
Yeah 3 ball in the air to cover 14, and a shot that would have made it a push waved off on a shot clock violation... feels like I'm usually on the other side of those.

I was lucky enough to get Fairfield -2 tonight, if that doesn't come in I may just give up.
You have to look at it from an investors perspective only. Even if someone is a mere novice it is a much safer play then executing the traditional stock market trade because it is easy to manage (assuming your fleet is in order) and cheaper on the vig. In theory both are a form of gambling but the kicker with both is exactly the same-In order to be successful you need mad skillz with $ management and finding the edge.

Disclosure: This post is not intended to promote gambling on any events. It is meant for the purposes of fun and entertainment. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom