UConn +12 at Temple. | The Boneyard

UConn +12 at Temple.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We waited almost all week for the Houston line because of their quarterback question and then Vegas jumps right on our game with our QB questionable. Huh? We're bigger dogs to Temple than Houston?

How are we feeling...need a prediction thread.

Reaction Score
Irish Loop said:
They're probably also assuming BS doesn't play.

Funny. When there's a lack of clarity on whether Houston's quarterback will play, no line is posted. Shirreffs? I guess his status doesn't matter. . . .

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
I think we felt really good going into the Houston game. All of the intangibles were in our favor and we were proved right, along with Phil Steele.

To win this week, we'll need to bring our "A" game and Temple needs to bring their "B-" game.

But if we win the turnover battle 4-0, then ...

Reaction Score
Funny. When there's a lack of clarity on whether Houston's quarterback will play, no line is posted. Shirreffs? I guess his status doesn't matter. . . .
A brain injury is completely different from an ankle injury.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
If Boyle starts I'm throwing the house on Temple to cover that

Reaction Score
The odds makers probably expect UConn to be a little flat after a great win last weekend.

I think they are wrong, I think UConn comes ready to play. If I were betting, I'd take the points.

Reaction Score
Boyle throwing wise is no different than sheriffs , sheriffs gives the addition of his running

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Boyle throwing wise is no different than sheriffs , sheriffs gives the addition of his running

For real?

Boyle has thrown one TD pass and twelve INTs since coming to UConn. While Shirreffs's 9 TDs to 7 INTs isn't outstanding, it still puts that to shame.

Shirreffs has 262 career passing attempts at UConn and has thrown for 1992 yards. Boyle has thrown 265 passes and only picked up 1116 yards.

Listen, TB deserves commendation for doing everything the coaches asked of him and not making any mistakes that set the team back. But to pretend he's as good as what we've seen from Shirreffs this year displays a startling case of nutmegger homerism that I thought we would never see again.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Boyle has had some bad luck to get to that TD:INT ratio.... he pretty much got paid back in full on the Anderson TD pass because that should have been about an easy an interception with a huge return that ever existed.

Reaction Score
For real?

Boyle has thrown one TD pass and twelve INTs since coming to UConn. While Shirreffs's 9 TDs to 7 INTs isn't outstanding, it still puts that to shame.

Shirreffs has 262 career passing attempts at UConn and has thrown for 1992 yards. Boyle has thrown 265 passes and only picked up 1116 yards.

Listen, TB deserves commendation for doing everything the coaches asked of him and not making any mistakes that set the team back. But to pretend he's as good as what we've seen from Shirreffs this year displays a startling case of nutmegger homerism that I thought we would never see again.

Nailed it. I was thrilled for Boyle Saturday, and if he's our guy the next two games (and in my heart I sort of hope he is) I'm fully behind him. As most fans were and will be. But comparing their results, even removing BS's legs, is absurd. TB has a lot to prove to be at that level. But, if he's handed the ball, let's hope he proves it.

Reaction Score
I been down in the Dominican for the past couple of weeks so I haven't been following College football too closely down here (Winter LIDOM baseball and futbol own the local sports scene here) ... But wowwww. When I looked up the score to the Houston game the excitement rushed through my veins. What a winnnnnnn. I wish I was able to witness it at least on TV. Nonetheless, very happy for all the Connecticut fans out there. It is well deserved for everyone involved with this program and most of all for the kids who played hard and gave it all for this win.

CONNECTICUT!!!!!!!!!!

31GuardTrap

Bringing back the basics
Reaction Score
Weather outlook is High 30's and rain at kickoff. Yeah not a very good recipe for Boyle.

Reaction Score
Boyle IS NOT Shirreffs........Tim (to his honor and credit) said it himself in the post game interview.

I wish Tim the best, but was holding my breath every snap he took.......based on his historical performances.

If Tim is the QB, I'm afraid the offense will become one dimensional (run), which will be easy for Temples defense to stop.

Tim did good Saturday....no mistakes....no turnovers. But outside of the trick play, the offense was mostly ineffective. Run, run, run, punt. Sometimes a pass was successfully completed, but not enough attempts to cause Temple to back off the line.

Reaction Score
For real?

Maybe a little too optimistic a statement from me but Boyle looked like he got coached up a bit , let's hope so we need it.

Reaction Score
I think we felt really good going into the Houston game. All of the intangibles were in our favor and we were proved right, along with Phil Steele.

To win this week, we'll need to bring our "A" game and Temple needs to bring their "B-" game.

But if we win the turnover battle 4-0, then ...
Gut feeling/prediction UConn 24 Temple 20......gotta contain PJ Walker.

Reaction Score
Honestly I think we'll take a terrible weather game. If we get a game in the 30's with rain and wind, I like our defense and running game in a ground/pound style contest.

Reaction Score
Honestly I think we'll take a terrible weather game. If we get a game in the 30's with rain and wind, I like our defense and running game in a ground/pound style contest.

Yup, Saturday night would be a good time for lousy weather.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom