UConn -1 v. Memphis | The Boneyard

UConn -1 v. Memphis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Figured this would be the line, or a pick em. If Burrell doesn't play, I think the line moves to UConn -3. Need to do a better job on Goodwin, and limit them in transition. I think Brimah being back is the difference.

Reaction Score
Figured this would be the line, or a pick em. If Burrell doesn't play, I think the line moves to UConn -3. Need to do a better job on Goodwin, and limit them in transition. I think Brimah being back is the difference.
Is Burrell's availability in question? Have not followed the situation.

Silk31

Foot Stays on Gas
Reaction Score
Yep Goodwin feasted on Nolan and Facey in the 1st meeting. Brimah should give him a tougher time in the paint in the rematch though.

Really need this conference road win. I'm hoping we can just take care of business and not have this be another nail biter but that is obviously wishful thinking

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
This is a game we should and absolutely must win. Is it too much to ask to blow out a bad Memphis team on the road?
Don't know how bad they will be at home. Goodwin will get he crowd going for sure. Revenge game for them. Agreed, this is a must win. Keep that good road win % in tact. Very important item the committee looks at. With SMU dropping two the dogs should be ready to feast on Memphis.

Reaction Score
Is Burrell's availability in question? Have not followed the situation.
Day-to-day due to disciplinary issues.

http://www.courant.com/sports/uconn...insider-josh-pastner-0203-20160203-story.html

Despite his optimism and approachability, Pastner has been firm in running a program consistent with his beliefs, never hesitating to suspend a player. Last Saturday, he held one of the best players, Trahson Burrell, out of the second half against Southern Methodist for an undisclosed violation. Pastner called it "internal discipline." While the Tigers' postseason hopes could ride on the next two games, against UConn and Cincinnati, Pastner gave no guarantees about Burrell's return.

"I've always believed this: No one's bigger than the program," Pastner told the Memphis media. "That goes for myself or anybody else."

Reaction Score
Is it too much to ask to blow out a bad Memphis team on the road?

Probably. Road games are hard for everybody, and Memphis is probably closer to a middle-of-the-pack P5 team than we realize. They played Oklahoma tough, went toe to toe with South Carolina for 35+ minutes, gave Cincinnati a good game, beat OSU, beat Temple, and damn near beat us at Gampel. It's a game we should win, but it isn't like this is USF or Tulane. I'll take the victory any way I can get it.

Reaction Score
We've played pretty well on the road this year. Brimah's back.i like our chances.

Reaction Score
This is a game we should and absolutely must win. Is it too much to ask to blow out a bad Memphis team on the road?

Seeing as how we narrowly beat them at Gampel (we were down 1 with 55 seconds left) I wouldn't expect a blowout at their gym

Reaction Score
Burrell being out is a ruse. Tigers will be fired up and refs will call two fouls on Amida during warmup. ..we are doomed, DOOMED for sure!

Agreed. Keeping him out for the second half against SMU, a game they weren't going to win, is meaningless. He's playing tonight.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
I have a gut feeling that were going to roll tonight. Dooooooooooooomed.

Reaction Score
vegas is choosing memphis based on spread movement/public. f them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member