UConn #1?!?!? But.... | The Boneyard

UConn #1?!?!? But....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
LOTS of chatter about UConn being #1, next week. It is my opinion that the "experts" will avoid voting for UConn in that spot until they have to; I think they are enjoying giving other teams those votes. Not saying anything bad in any way...just understanding human nature. UConn has the stats to do it, but I don't think it will happen.

BTW: UConn isn't even #1 in the AAC!!! East Carolina is 3-0, while UConn is a paltry 2-0!

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
LOTS of chatter about UConn being #1, next week. It is my opinion that the "experts" will avoid voting for UConn in that spot until they have to; I think they are enjoying giving other teams those votes. Not saying anything bad in any way...just understanding human nature. UConn has the stats to do it, but I don't think it will happen.

BTW: UConn isn't even #1 in the AAC!!! East Carolina is 3-0, while UConn is a paltry 2-0!
I think the coaches will probably flop back to Uconn #1 - basically ND and Uconn have been getting the same first place votes but ND has had more second place votes. With the best win to date of any of the contending teams, I think they will go back in front.
AP - lets see what happens today.

CTyankee

Proud member of King Geno's Court
Reaction Score
Meaningless poll drivel is this...

Certainly with UConn losing three first team All Americans, a poll naming us #1 means very little.

There is no clarity yet to the top team at this point in the season.

CBear01

Plan your work and work your plan
Reaction Score
Not to be Debby Downer of this thread but it's pretty pointless to worry about being #1 or 2 or 10 only 2 games in.

Let's see where they land at the end of the season, that's what matters the most IMO

Reaction Score
Meaningless poll drivel is this...

Certainly with UConn losing three first team All Americans, a poll naming us #1 means very little.

There is no clarity yet to the top team at this point in the season.

AGREE....Not attacking Hard Hat's thread but we all just saw how important polls are in a national election. :D Polls are kind of like fortune cookies and daily horoscopes, no team in any sport has ever won anything because of where they were in a poll. Having said that I do think they help lesser teams later in the season get some PR and maybe helps their recruiting.

Reaction Score
I'd be blown away if Geno wins another 4 titles in the next 4 years. Him overtaking Pat Summitt is already mind-blowing, but whatever.

Reaction Score
Not to be Debby Downer of this thread but it's pretty pointless to worry about being #1 or 2 or 10 only 2 games in.

Let's see where they land at the end of the season, that's what matters the most IMO

You are not being a Debby Downer. I agree with you. The end of the season matters most to me. Too early in the season be worried about who is #1 or #2. I only worry about that poll at the end of the season.

Reaction Score

j

UCONN hasn't earned number one yet. ND's take down of Washington showed ND is loaded with talent multiples in each position.
IS ND number one?? Maybe today this week. They are good. USC isn't a toss away either. Now Tenn is a whole different story--
Uconn is developing and growing--every game--foul trouble seems their current curse--Talent at every position--outstanding talent of 3 maybe 4 people--The major asset of Uconn is their ability to screwup and then fix up with defense and scoring--but a team can live that life just so long.
This is MY TEAM--I'll ride Geno's coat tails until the bitter (or sweet) end.

Uconn WBB is searching for : 1. a true leader 2. a constant go to 3. defense without fouls 4. chemistry and this is ONLY game 3 of the 2016/17 season--hold on this will be one ----of a fun ride. Can you remember a season in the recent past where you enjoyed it so much? A win means some thing to them and to us NOW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom