UConn “Development” During Cancelled Season | The Boneyard

UConn “Development” During Cancelled Season

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
So i read this article this morning and it left me wondering, how are we measuring “progress” and “development” in this time when we’re playing no games?

Among FBS teams, only UConn and Old Dominion have pulled the complete plug on a season, not playing this fall or next spring. Bamford said the idea of not playing was not considered. UMass was the youngest team in college football last season, and it felt not playing would hold back program growth.

“There are a million reasons why it’s important,” Bell said. “If you’re looking from 10,000 feet, No. 1, just to continue development of a young football team and a young football program. Knowing the NCAA has been gracious enough to make this a free year of eligibility and knowing how quickly this young roster needs more experience, learn how to prepare the right way. No. 2, I think is a huge deal for us in recruiting, how hard our administration fought for us to have a chance to play. Not only from the willingness to play football, the want to play football, but also the ability in recruiting to keep us on as similar a calendar as humanly possible. … Third is just having the ability to go play the game and have fun.”

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul
Top Bottom