UConn’s Pink Hat Kid running game experiences for New Orleans Saints, applying passion he showed in Gampel Pavilion student section (Mike Anthony) | The Boneyard

UConn’s Pink Hat Kid running game experiences for New Orleans Saints, applying passion he showed in Gampel Pavilion student section (Mike Anthony)

Reaction Score

-> Campbell was Pink Hat Kid, the TV camera-magnet heartbeat of the student section at men’s and women’s basketball home games. He stood out - front row, always - as a splash of color in a rolling sea of blue and white. He called himself a national phenomenon, and he was a highly visible representation of what it is to go to college and immerse yourself in camaraderie and entertainment. <-

-> “I’ll never forget, it was Martin Luther King weekend my junior year [2011], we played Villanova, Kemba hit that game winner,” Campbell said of UConn’s 61-59 victory. “It was 6 degrees outside. We slept out that Sunday night. Sounds gross, but my drool froze to my pillow. I have never been so cold in my life. But we just had a great time, a way to really bond.”

Campbell’s group had a solid core of about a dozen “Husky Hardcores.” They’d sleep, or try to sleep, at the North Entrance. “One game, we projected a movie onto a snowbank,” Campbell said. “We watched The Town. I had the movie on a laptop, somebody had access to a projector. In the middle of snowstorm a huge front loader came by and made a flat surface, like a 4-foot high snowbank. We were like, ‘Hey, there’s our screen!” <-

Reaction Score
No. Freaking. Way.

Knew this kid way too well from my time on campus 08-12 lmao bit of a but hey high energy people like that get into these roles; although New Orleans Saints Gameday Experience is not at all where I thought he’d land. Had no sense he was even trying to head in that general career direction.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104
Top Bottom