UConn’s new players excited for Big East, but focused on task at hand — next season (Borges) | The Boneyard

UConn’s new players excited for Big East, but focused on task at hand — next season (Borges)

Reaction Score
UConn’s new players excited for Big East, but focused on task at hand — next season

>>
“We’re laser-focused on making a much better account of ourselves in a really great basketball league that we have not fared very well in,” Hurley said. “If there’s a team that should have a chip on their shoulder and an edge, it’s this team. It’s got to be an us-against-the-world mentality, because I don’t think there’s gonna be a lot of love lost for us in this league this year, both with fans and everything associated with the league. I thrive in that, I can’t wait for it.”

He added that his players need to “enjoy being the villain, the man in black, whatever you want to call it. But we’ve got to get that chip on their shoulder quickly, because the league is not gonna be big on us this year.”<<

Reaction Score
Hurley says that since the announcement, recruits are getting back to him quicker and some guys who had stopped talking to him "did come out of the woodwork and ask me how I'm doing."

Hurley says it has been tough being in the American Athletic Conference, which he says is a league that "didn't fit us."

He also told his team it will be the villain on the road this season in the AAC because "the league is not going to be big on us this year."

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Hurley says that since the announcement, recruits are getting back to him quicker and some guys who had stopped talking to him "did come out of the woodwork and ask me how I'm doing."

Hurley says it has been tough being in the American Athletic Conference, which he says is a league that "didn't fit us."

He also told his team it will be the villain on the road this season in the AAC because "the league is not going to be big on us this year."

“New conference, who dis?”

Reaction Score
Terrific article from Dave Borges. Great hearing these early season observations from Hurley about our four newest players, how they're doing, and what sort of impact they're going to have freshman year.

Reaction Score
For us 80-year-olds, the Big East is the misty future. Concerns me that just three months away from the start of practice, we still have a 10-man roster with no talk of filling the open scholarship. Two of the ten -- Adams & Whaley -- are marginal performers and a third -- Wilson -- is all question mark. One key injury, and you can toss all projections for the season out the window.

Reaction Score
Man! If some of the new kids are as good as they are being hyped to be and guys like Carlton, Gilbert and Polley keep improving our first year back in the BE could be as the legend Jim Calhoun used to say "really special"

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I think it’s fair to say the recruiting paradigm shift, Chief had predicted, has occurred.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
For us 80-year-olds, the Big East is the misty future. Concerns me that just three months away from the start of practice, we still have a 10-man roster with no talk of filling the open scholarship. Two of the ten -- Adams & Whaley -- are marginal performers and a third -- Wilson -- is all question mark. One key injury, and you can toss all projections for the season out the window.

Name a prior UConn team where the last two guys on the roster were key contributors. I have no idea what you are griping about. It’s revisionist history to think UConn ever had 12 strong contributors on any roster. College teams go 8-9 deep, maybe 10 if they press.

Reaction Score
2019? Some cryptic wording at the end of this article around reclassification. Big East talk can wait, UConn men focused on leaving AAC as winners

"UConn still has a scholarship open for next season, and Hurley is looking at different options, Class of ’20 high schoolers who may reclassify, grad-student transfers or perhaps a player from Europe. If he gets a player, and who it is, will influence the completion of the nonconference schedule in the next few weeks."

Interesting to mention a reclass and not a JUCO here...

Reaction Score
"UConn still has a scholarship open for next season, and Hurley is looking at different options, Class of ’20 high schoolers who may reclassify, grad-student transfers or perhaps a player from Europe. If he gets a player, and who it is, will influence the completion of the nonconference schedule in the next few weeks."

Interesting to mention a reclass and not a JUCO here...

Anyone have any insight here?

C

Chief00

No specific comment to add from my previous post. It’s all in the hands of the Academic and Admissions God’s. Not Chief’s strength and sometimes they frustrate the heck out of me. LOL
#ChiefCertified

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom