UConn’s Eli Thomas honored with courage award, says he hopes to keep playing football | The Boneyard

UConn’s Eli Thomas honored with courage award, says he hopes to keep playing football

Reaction Score

>>“I’m looking anywhere right now,” Thomas said Wednesday. “FBS, FCS, DII. Anywhere that gives me a shot.”

It remains unclear whether a school will clear Thomas after UConn wouldn’t, but he says he’s optimistic. To quit football without exploring every last opportunity, he said, “would eat me up."

“One of my problems, you could say, is I’m obsessed with being the best,” he said. "Things happen, obviously, but I still want to be the best that I can. I had three [torn] ACLs and a stroke, so with my skillset right now, I want to be the best with what I have.”<<

>>Huskies football coach Randy Edsall and women’s basketball great Rebecca Lobo (an ambassador for the Hartford HealthCare program) spoke at a brief ceremony on UConn’s campus, praising Thomas’s resilience.

“There isn’t really a better recipient of this award than Eli,” Edsall said. “From the moment that I met Eli and he was associated with our program, he had outstanding leadership qualities and capabilities. He was always upbeat, was always the hardest worker, was always the guy who was going to give a little bit more.”<<

Alternative access link here (truncated)

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Ahh to be young again and think you are indestructible. Eli will go places in this world with his intestinal fortitude. Stay safe young man.

Reaction Score
I don't blame him for looking. If he doesn't, he will spend the rest of his life wondering and it will eat him up.

That said, I don't know if any responsible medical professional willmclear him. Then again, I don't know his full condition. I wish him nothing but the best.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom