UConn’s David Benedict says ADs figuring out how to manage an unprecedented crisis | The Boneyard

UConn’s David Benedict says ADs figuring out how to manage an unprecedented crisis

Reaction Score
Didn't see this posted anywhere so figured I'd post it. Maybe I missed it. A few interesting things in here.

The second piece is that the fourth quarter of the academic year — April, May, June — is a significant fund-raising time for most athletic departments. A lot of those donations and contributions are part of the season-ticket purchasing process.

“Most of those gifts come in during that time,” Benedict said. “That kind of activity has slowed or come to a halt. With the uncertainties around football and men’s and women’s basketball at this point, obviously there are a lot of questions donors and season ticket holders have that we certainly can’t answer at this time.

“We expected somewhere around $5 million to come in during that process.”

Reaction Score
They need to get to work and hit the phones. I haven’t gotten a call yet.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Maybe our resident expert can get picked out of a hat for another focus group.

I mean have a meeting with the Athletic Department.

Reaction Score
Feels like that could cut a little tone deaf. Some people are fighting for their lives or livelihoods.

You are right, I wasn’t really thinking. I would hope they at least call the big donors though.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom