UConn’s Dangerfield displaying newfound toughness | The Boneyard

UConn’s Dangerfield displaying newfound toughness

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
No statistic can adequately define the leap Crystal Dangerfield has made since her freshman year. Neither can any singular shot, assist or steal — though, to be fair, there’s plenty that still register. As much as anything, her coach says, Dangerfield’s growth these past two years boils down to her willingness to stay on the floor.

“She got knocked around pretty good today,” Geno Auriemma said of Dangerfield following UConn’s season-opening victory over Ohio State on Sunday. “She would’ve been out two weeks as a freshman. Anyone of those things happen, right to the training room. She would’ve been done. “Now, you saw today, she’s not coming out of the lineup. She’s not coming off the court.”

[Story]

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Crystal's parents were in the military. She is one tough young woman. In addition, she interned with our "nasty piece of business" from Canada.

Reaction Score
I'm a west coast fan of CD. She appears very ready to drive this race car of a team.

Reaction Score
No statistic can adequately define the leap Crystal Dangerfield has made since her freshman year. Neither can any singular shot, assist or steal — though, to be fair, there’s plenty that still register. As much as anything, her coach says, Dangerfield’s growth these past two years boils down to her willingness to stay on the floor.

“She got knocked around pretty good today,” Geno Auriemma said of Dangerfield following UConn’s season-opening victory over Ohio State on Sunday. “She would’ve been out two weeks as a freshman. Anyone of those things happen, right to the training room. She would’ve been done. “Now, you saw today, she’s not coming out of the lineup. She’s not coming off the court.”

[Story]
Not sure I understand any comments about "willingness to stay on the floor." I believe Crystal has had stress fractures and other foot and ankle issues. With Geno playing her at the end of blow outs early this year, concerned this is a pattern we will see again.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Not sure I understand any comments about "willingness to stay on the floor." I believe Crystal has had stress fractures and other foot and ankle issues. With Geno playing her at the end of blow outs early this year, concerned this is a pattern we will see again.

No personal comments in this post HopJim. Everything here is 100% cut & paste. If you have issues with its content, you’ll have to contact the author Doug Bonjour. :cool:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom