Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Hoopgurlz & BlueStar have Morris at #18; PN has Morris at #5

Vaughn is not in HG top 60 nor PN top 100, but #21 in BlueStar

Last edited:

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
Hallelujah... keep spreading the talent around so people can stop complaining that that's the Eason UConn wins so often and by so much. Happy for the players and their chosen schools!

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Lot of disappointed Baylor fans today.
No doubt. Seems like some "insiders" were basically promising Morris to Baylor, and of course, the fans have no reason not to believe information being provided by anonymous message boar posters.

Some have stated that Baylor had backed off PG Chennedy Carter; I'm not convinced that is true. But, Chennedy was at Texas' summer camp a few weeks with Texas PG Chasity Patterson; no reports Chennedy attended any camp at Baylor. But, things can change quickly in recruiting.

Dana Evans did have Baylor listed at one point, but I believe she recently dropped them from consideration. Will be interesting to see in which direction Baylor goes as the state of Texas is loaded with quality PGs for the class of 2017.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Most Baylor fans had already figured out that Morris was headed to UCLA, so this is no surprise. Morris took a big drop in the Hoopgurlz rankings recently after she and Carter were on the same AAU team and Carter apparently outperformed her.

Lots of PGs in the 2017 class...next! The one that I REALLY want is two-time Louisiana player of the year, Cara Ursin.

Last edited:

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Dana Evans did have Baylor listed at one point, but I believe she recently dropped them from consideration. Will be interesting to see in which direction Baylor goes as the state of Texas is loaded with quality PGs for the class of 2017.

Actually, the opposite is true about Dana Evans. Baylor had not recruited her but started recruiting her fairly late in the game, at which point she ADDED Baylor to her list. See the attached article from May of this year.

Indiana, Purdue among finalists for West Side point guard Dana Evans

Baylor became interested after seeing Evans play at the Boo Williams Tournament in Virginia.

"They came in kind of late, but it's really a good program,'' she said. "A school like that, you really want to give them an ear and see what they're talking about.''

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
There are a lot of Texas PGs in the 2017 class. I expected them to go elsewhere. Still several more on the board. I am interested to see where Carter heads and Evans.

There is also Kiana Williams.

Surprised TAMU hasn't gotten one yet.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
There are a lot of Texas PGs in the 2017 class. I expected them to go elsewhere. Still several more on the board. I am interested to see where Carter heads and Evans.

There is also Kiana Williams.

Surprised TAMU hasn't gotten one yet.

I think that Kiana Williams is the most likely to end up at Baylor.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

Thanks for the latest recruiting reports out of Texas ET. You're our un-official Boneyard correspondent in Texas. You seem to have your finger on the pulse of the recruiting goings on there. Thanks again for sharing them with us. :)

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Could be. But, she has only indicated official visits to Stanford, Texas Tech, and Kansas. Perhaps Baylor will up their interest and secure an official visit from Kiana.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Actually, the opposite is true about Dana Evans. Baylor had not recruited her but started recruiting her fairly late in the game, at which point she ADDED Baylor to her list. See the attached article from May of this year.

Indiana, Purdue among finalists for West Side point guard Dana Evans

Baylor became interested after seeing Evans play at the Boo Williams Tournament in Virginia.

"They came in kind of late, but it's really a good program,'' she said. "A school like that, you really want to give them an ear and see what they're talking about.''
Not really sure what you mean by "opposite". Based on this June 20th article, Baylor was no longer listed as being under consideration:

West Side's Dana Evans makes Team USA and will play next month in Chile

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score

Where do you think Carter goes? You think Baylor will take two point guards? I really want Carter or Hayes at SC.. I think Baylor has a strong shot with Ursin. She's indicated a want to stay close(er) to home.

If SC doesn't get Carter, Hayes or Ursin I doubt we take a point guard in this class, especially with Harris coming in this year. But 2017 is a strong point guard class so it would be nice to snag one of them.

Last edited:

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Not really sure what you mean by "opposite". Based on this June 20th article, Baylor was no longer listed as being under consideration:

West Side's Dana Evans makes Team USA and will play next month in Chile

Opposite: that which is on the other side of something.

I had not seen that article. If those are her only remaining choices then I would agree that Baylor has been eliminated. But I have seen nothing from her stating the she has narrowed her choices to 5.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Opposite: that which is on the other side of something.

I had not seen that article. If those are her only remaining choices then I would agree that Baylor has been eliminated. But I have seen nothing from her stating the she has narrowed her choices to 5.
Well, there are direct quotes from her in that article indicating Tennessee was now in the picture; and, then a list of other schools she is still considering. So, it seems pretty apparent that she did give that interview.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Well, there are direct quotes from her in that article indicating Tennessee was now in the picture; and, then a list of other schools she is still considering. So, it seems pretty apparent that she did give that interview.

That is an assumption on your part. It may be the case, but it is not a quote from Evans. Had it been a quote that would be evidence to me.

I pray that you are not an attorney.

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
The rankings are strange, Vaughn had several top 20 schools recruiting her.

One thing to remember about Vaughn is that she plays for the Philadelphia Belles. There are some players in such prestigious AAU programs who may not be ranked that high individually, but who understand how to play with better players around them. They know how to facilitate and how to contribute to team excellence.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
One thing to remember about Vaughn is that she plays for the Philadelphia Belles. There are some players in such prestigious AAU programs who may not be ranked that high individually, but who understand how to play with better players around them. They know how to facilitate and how to contribute to team excellence.
To your point, the Belles are never short on talent. Vaughn's Belles teammates include Andra Espinoza- Hunter & Faith Masonius. Vaugh leads this team in scoring.
Philadelphia Belles - 2016 Regular Season - Roster

Reaction Score
That is an assumption on your part. It may be the case, but it is not a quote from Evans. Had it been a quote that would be evidence to me.

I pray that you are not an attorney.

Why so cranky ETT?

I mean, think of poor Triad (or Cam). They have reason to be sad.
Or think of finding out that Kim Mulkey's new clothing line won't be available in your size. THAT's a reason to be cranky.
Or having someone tell you that your hairstyle reminds them of a male WCBB coach. Geno? No. Harry Perretta. That would make me sad.

Last edited:

skilz

Final Four Bound!
Reaction Score
Actually the latest information on K Williams is that she is heading to Stanford. What I hear, she's put in her application.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom