UCF- Why They Got The Invite | The Boneyard

UCF- Why They Got The Invite

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
You know they JUST opened one up in Wethersfield, right?! Though if I recall you aren't in CT Chin... Is that right?

Edit: I too can vouch for the burgers and beer. And the scenery.

Reaction Score
I've enjoyed the burger, the cold beer, and the scenery there before. Quality!

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
You know they JUST opened one up in Wethersfield, right?! Though if I recall you aren't in CT Chin... Is that right?

Edit: I too can vouch for the burgers and beer. And the scenery.

You are correct. I'm down in Florida and am fortunate enough to scope out the UCF area of Orlando about every other month. Watching the students run and bike along the streets in February is encouraging.

And the bartender at the bar was up to speed on civics (we discussed what trips jury duty selections), urban planning (should she move closer to downtown to save money on cab rides), economics (Thursday night is ladies night from 9-11 and girls drink free and like to get trashed and leave cruddy tips), relationships (something about a boyfriend) and social graces (should I get sweet potato french fries or garlic fries).

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Ah, the benefits of Florida. Bill Simmons coined the term "Halter-Top Day"... when it's finally warm enough for girls to put away the hibernation clothes and "come out" en masse for the spring... that was one of my favorite days at UConn, just hanging out by the Co-Op... but in Florida, that's every day! :)

Reaction Score
There was one right down the street from me when I lived in Atlanta. Had my wife convinced it was simply an "Irish Pub" until she saw some of the waitresses serving the patio.

Yes, the burgers are good.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
marinate ate there before ucf officially got the invite. he pulled a rick pitino as his cheese burger was delivered to the table.

justinslot

Boneyard Rutgers/Temple lurker
Reaction Score
I'm just like...wow, this exists? A chain restaurant with a wait staff dressed entirely in schoolgirl outfits makes Hooters look dignified and refined.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I'm just like...wow, this exists? A chain restaurant with a wait staff dressed entirely in schoolgirl outfits makes Hooters look dignified and refined.

You are right and wrong.

You are wrong because they're not dressed as school girls. They're dressed as Scots. Expand your cultural awareness.

And you are right, because Hooter's girls are dignified and refined.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
You are right and wrong.

You are wrong because they're not dressed as school girls. They're dressed as Scots. Expand your cultural awareness.

I thought Scots were infamous for going commando under the kilts. Just sayin'.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I thought Scots were infamous for going commando under the kilts. Just sayin'.

If the pics that were taken off the extra shine on my shoe tips and were reflected upward are correct, then yes, you are correct about commando.

Reaction Score
UCF was well represented in those Winghouse pictures. Well represented.
I've also had the pleasure of dining and drinking at Winghouse. I don't remember if the wings are good or not.

Only eaten at Beef O'Brady's once, a very long time ago (a friend of mine bought in to a franchise in the Altamonte Springs / Longwood area back in the mid-late 90's. Didn't love the burger, wings were decent though.

Reaction Score
Beef O'bradys is very good overall. The waitresses are often cute but it is more of a family appropriate place. The food is good all over the menu for that level of restaurant. We bring our kids there fairly often. These other two places are a little more "liberal" with the term "family" dining.

Florida has really evolved to be a great place to live and work in many areas. Having two Florida teams in big markets in the conference will be a lot of fun for northern fans---while it lasts.

Reaction Score
Tilted Kilt in Wethersfield is awful. Come summertime the talent will be better, but for the time being it is not an enjoyable experience.

Reaction Score
Sloppy Jane, drunken clams and a perfectly poured Guiness. I am actually looking forward to seeing Uconn Football down here yearly in Fl. Right now they play USF every other year (in Tampa)so I wonder if it will be UCF one year USF the next.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
You are right and wrong.

We've got a Toby Keith's "I Love This Bar and Grill" in Foxboro. Daisy Dukes with tank tops and cowgirl boots. In winter they let the tie a flannel shirt on top. Great food and very clean taps. I sense a trend...and I like it.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
Sloppy Jane, drunken clams and a perfectly poured Guiness. I am actually looking forward to seeing Uconn Football down here yearly in Fl. Right now they play USF every other year (in Tampa)so I wonder if it will be UCF one year USF the next.
It would be illogical to not schedule it like this. In theory, every Big East team should play one or the other on the road every year. So UCF and USF will probably have opposite schedules I would think.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
If you haven't been to the Tilted Kilt at PETCO Park in San Diego, you haven't been to a Tilted Kilt. Period.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
If you haven't been to the Tilted Kilt at PETCO Park in San Diego, you haven't been to a Tilted Kilt. Period.

I haven't been to that one, but I won't disagree. The talent pool in San Diego is very deep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom