UCF pregame interviews | The Boneyard

UCF pregame interviews

Reaction Score
After listening to KO, he seems very defensive and a bit out of touch with his comments. While I don’t know the perfect words to state, I think that it would help his cause much more from a public relations standpoint (possibly winning back some support from the fan base or not losing the ones on the fence) not to sound so defensive and in denial. The question about after tough game/struggle against ECU he gets really defensive as if, why would would anyone call it a tough game or struggle just because we won by a possession in final seconds against a team ranked 315. Seems very ignorant of the fact that we were a basket away from losing to the worst team in the conference. Or maybe he looks at this as an improvement since they beat us last year. Either way, he sounds like someone who is either completely out of touch or has been told something about the being writing on the wall and now it doesn’t matter. But short of that, you would think he would want to be more cognizant of the teams struggles from PR standpoint rather than sounding so out of of touch and defensive. It’s not hard to acknowledge the obvious struggles And completely unacceptable for Uconn standards, while at the same time spelling out substantively how this is going to change and reasons for optimism.

Reaction Score
Either way, he sounds like someone who is either completely out of touch or has been told something about the being writing on the wall and now it doesn’t matter. But short of that, you would think he would want to be more cognizant of the teams struggles from PR standpoint rather than sounding so out of of touch and defensive.

Just a thought, it could be that managing things from a "PR standpoint" - by which you seem to mean addressing the feelings of a message board - is less important to him than trying to avoid completely burying a team that's hanging on by a thread. And before I'm accused of being an Ollie stan, I have no problem with cutting him loose, although I do think he's back next season, barring something like a fistfight with a player during a game.

Reaction Score
Just a thought, it could be that managing things from a "PR standpoint" - by which you seem to mean addressing the feelings of a message board - is less important to him than trying to avoid completely burying a team that's hanging on by a thread. And before I'm accused of being an Ollie stan, I have no problem with cutting him loose, although I do think he's back next season, barring something like a fistfight with a player during a game.
Understood. But I do think the Fanbase loss and angst transcends the “message board.” It’s rampant on social media and hot takes by many in the media, not to mention the empty seats at the games. As far as him being back next year, that scares me to death with the loss of our two best players and replacement by few freshman 3/4 star recruits. What scares me more is that we could be one year away from getting someone like Danny Hurley if the plug were pulled now, to searching for retreads and mining the bottom of the mid-majors. I would hate to have to suffer a potential generational setback when we have an opportunity at a competent coach if the plug were pulled today.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom