UCF Opponent Analysis: UConn | The Boneyard

UCF Opponent Analysis: UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I agree with Dez on the weakness part NOT being QB. The other guy saying QB is a weakness? If the O-Line gets their act together, our QB, whoever it becomes, can be a weapon. He'll have the wide receivers, he just needs a pocket to hold longer then half a second!

Reaction Score
Well the position is mostly unknowns at this level but the depth is there if they perform to their abilities. A depth we haven't seen since Brown, Dixon and Todman were here. I would give the nod to our WR corps right now as the strength of our offense but the potential of the RB stable is one to have hope for.

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
Not making comparisons with Mr. Davis or anybody else, but does anybody remember who Larry Fitzgerald's QB was at Pitt? or if you're a wiseguy and you actually do, do you know whatever happened to him?

If Geremy is going to be that guy for us, it wouldn't matter if Fishy were the QB - uh wait, that didn't come out right...

Reaction Score
Well the position is mostly unknowns at this level but the depth is there if they perform to their abilities. A depth we haven't seen since Brown, Dixon and Todman were here. I would give the nod to our WR corps right now as the strength of our offense but the potential of the RB stable is one to have hope for.

Well I guess it depends on how you define "depth". Do you count depth as pure numbers or quality of players with game experience? I tend to prescribe to the latter. Max is the only RB on the roster who has college carries to his name. Behind him you 4 guys who have the same amount of college carries as I do. I have no idea if they'll be good players at this level or not.

Reaction Score
Not making comparisons with Mr. Davis or anybody else, but does anybody remember who Larry Fitzgerald's QB was at Pitt? or if you're a wiseguy and you actually do, do you know whatever happened to him?

If Geremy is going to be that guy for us, it wouldn't matter if Fishy were the QB - uh wait, that didn't come out right...

Wasn't it Palko? And I was stunned to learn he actually started some games for the Chiefs a couple years ago.

epark88

Reaction Score
Wasn't it Palko? And I was stunned to learn he actually started some games for the Chiefs a couple years ago.

Nope, but a good guess...

Reaction Score
download.jpg

Falco?

epark88

Reaction Score
If it wasn't Palko then it was Rutherford.

Correct.

And I have no clue what he did after he left Pitt - but man could he throw it up there for Fitz to go get it...

Reaction Score
Really starting to get amp'd up for this season. Silly question, but does anyone know the true start date of camp? July 28th?

Reaction Score
There are too many "IF" qualifiers to spread among the largely inexperienced players to definitively point out strengths.......especially on offense.Who knows, maybe DC is right, and how the coaches respond when asked about "expectations" you often hear change the "atmosphere" from a losing culture to a winning culture.

That is the biggest "IF". "IF" that don't change, the inexperience and results will show.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Ahhh, Chris Elsbury. Man of Many Words.

Reaction Score
Well I guess it depends on how you define "depth". Do you count depth as pure numbers or quality of players with game experience? I tend to prescribe to the latter. Max is the only RB on the roster who has college carries to his name. Behind him you 4 guys who have the same amount of college carries as I do. I have no idea if they'll be good players at this level or not.

Taking it bit far by comparing their abilities and resume as RB's to yourself aren't you? I think they are a bit more of a known quantity in that regard. But as I said, they do not have it yet at this level. Based off of their known abilities, accomplishments to date and potential, we do have depth at the position.

Edit: and Claxx did have a little over a handful of carries last year as well. (So I guess congrats are in order for you on yours too! ;) )

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Taking it bit far by comparing their abilities and resume as RB's to yourself aren't you? I think they are a bit more of a known quantity in that regard. But as I said, they do not have it yet at this level. Based off of their known abilities, accomplishments to date and potential, we do have depth at the position.

Edit: and Claxx did have a little over a handful of carries last year as well. (So I guess congrats are in order for you on yours too! ;) )

Well now you're just arguing for the sake of arguing. We can agree on the following:

We really only have 1 RB who's seen significant time on the field.

We will have 5 scholarship RB's this year (6 if you include Clax, who I think will be the FB).

Every RB is better than me.

We just have different definitions of "depth".

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
If it wasn't Palko then it was Rutherford.
According to Rutherford's Wikipedia page, he won a super bowl with the Steelers. I was about to say great work if you can find it, but he was a practice squad player. He didn't have a regular roster salary.

Reaction Score
Well now you're just arguing for the sake of arguing. We can agree on the following:

We really only have 1 RB who's seen significant time on the field.

We will have 5 scholarship RB's this year (7 if you include Clax and Walsh, who I think will be the FB'S).

Every RB is better than me.

We just have different definitions of "depth".

Actually I'm not arguing at all. They recruited three backs last year for that very purpose, to add depth at the position. And based on the film I've seen of the three, there is a boatload of potential in each of them to change that from just depth to quality depth. So you can say we have few proven options returning, fine in a glass half empty view, but that doesn't change the depth that was added to the position.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Fair analysis. UCONN laid an absolute egg down there last year so I'm surprised that the Orlando Sentinel even bothered to preview UCONN and didn't just put it down as an automatic W. I think UCF is going to be in for a surprise when they come up here. The score won't be 100 to 10 again and they're going to face a hungrier and better conditioned team in cold elements. I never trust a Florida team up north after November 1. Ever.

Reaction Score
Actually I'm not arguing at all. They recruited three backs last year for that very purpose, to add depth at the position. And based on the film I've seen of the three, there is a boatload of potential in each of them to change that from just depth to quality depth. So you can say we have few proven options returning, fine in a glass half empty view, but that doesn't change the depth that was added to the position.

It's getting pretty comical what some people view as "glass half empty" perspectives. Believe it or not, there are some kids that have come through the UConn program who just couldn't play at this level. It happens.

Reaction Score
It's getting pretty comical what some people view as "glass half empty" perspectives. Believe it or not, there are some kids that have come through the UConn program who just couldn't play at this level. It happens.

NO! REALLY? I thought they all went on to great success in the NFL! Damn, that's so silly of me!

So because other kids haven't lived up to their billing we should just expect them all to do that? Oh, I get it now it's a defense mechanism; it's much easier to think that they will wash out based on someone else's failings then to be hopeful that they will succeed based on their own achievements! And then you don't have to feel let down! And yes, that would be a pessimistic/glass half empty view you have there, sorry to disappoint you, but then again that probably makes you happy in some weird way so cheers! Have a miserable Friday (said with the hope that this would of course make you happy!)

Reaction Score
NO! REALLY? I thought they all went on to great success in the NFL! Damn, that's so silly of me!

So because other kids haven't lived up to their billing we should just expect them all to do that? Oh, I get it now it's a defense mechanism; it's much easier to think that they will wash out based on someone else's failings then to be hopeful that they will succeed based on their own achievements! And then you don't have to feel let down! And yes, that would be a pessimistic/glass half empty view you have there, sorry to disappoint you, but then again that probably makes you happy in some weird way so cheers! Have a miserable Friday (said with the hope that this would of course make you happy!)

LOL ok you have issues.

Reaction Score
LOL ok you have issues.

Yeah, being positive is a bite in seat around here I know, but claiming I have issues when, by your own admission, you don't give the kids we have coming in credit for what they have done based on the kids who failed previously! Pure gold Jimmy!

Reaction Score
Yeah, being positive is a bite in seat around here I know, but claiming I have issues when, by your own admission, you don't give the kids we have coming in credit for what they have done based on the kids who failed previously! Pure gold Jimmy!

It's supposed to be nice weather. Have a great weekend. I don't know how else to respond to this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom