UCF in our out? | The Boneyard

UCF in our out?

Reaction Score
So, UCF got blown out today. I know some Boneyarders don't give a hoot about our conference, but for those who do, what do you think about UCF? Do they make the tourney based on the season, or get left out because of their weak showing today? And, does Memphis make it in and become the 5th AAC team in? Five bids from this league (if we get them) ain't bad.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
So, UCF got blown out today. I know some Boneyarders don't give a hoot about our conference, but for those who do, what do you think about UCF? Do they make the tourney based on the season, or get left out because of their weak showing today? And, does Memphis make it in and become the 5th AAC team in? Five bids from this league (if we get them) ain't bad.

I think UCF out could open door for Memphis.

Reaction Score
UCF should still be in. Memphis is definitely a threat to win this thing though. What Memphis finishing so strong says, is that the coaching staff is competent, and not a disaster like at St. John's. Memphis will likely be very dangerous next year.

Reaction Score
UCF is a lock...................Temple on the other hand needs a win to solidify spot.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
UCF and Temple are locks. Memphis is playing for a spot tomorrow.

Reaction Score
Temple's playing pretty well against Wichita State right. Not that I have any like for Temple, but I'd like to see them win and earn a birth. Since we're here for the foreseeable future, I'd love to see the AAC make a little noise. Houston was impressive today. I know we had a rough shooting game, but Houston was lights out. I'd like to see them keep it up in the tourney.

Reaction Score
Temple's playing pretty well against Wichita State right. Not that I have any like for Temple, but I'd like to see them win and earn a birth. Since we're here for the foreseeable future, I'd love to see the AAC make a little noise. Houston was impressive today. I know we had a rough shooting game, but Houston was lights out. I'd like to see them keep it up in the tourney.

Houston is the only team from the league who can win a game. UCF goes too dumb on offense too often and Cincy is coached by Cronin. Temple showed no poise in the 2nd half, not a good trait for a team this time of year. I hope for our sake Houston goes on a tear. If they are pretenders it makes our performance against them today even worse in hindsight.

Reaction Score
It's not the conference. Once UConn's season's over all my basketball watching is NBA. The college game is becoming unwatchable.

Reaction Score
Well, looks like Temple played their way out of the dance. 3-4 bids looks likely now. Too bad for the league and its perception.

Reaction Score
The bubble is shrinking...but UCF is a lock...Temple has to watch the bubble.

With Gonzaga losing their title game to St. Mary's...there was another bubble slot gone.

And Rhode Island knocked out VCU to advance to the semi finals and could grab a bid.

Memphis could be in if they advance in tournament... by beating Houston.

The Gators won when they had to....beating LSU.. grabbed a bid, I think.

Minnesota and Oklahoma moved off of the bubble to lock, I also think.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Temple isn't a lock. I bet Memphis takes their spot now.

As of this morning, on the NET rankings, Temple fell from 51 to 54 while Memphis climbed from 54 to 46. So at the very least they've exchanged positions at 54.

If Memphis isn't blown out in the next game, they're as good a candidate as any for an 11-seed play-in.

UCF is a lock. C'mon.

Reaction Score
OUT, no strength of schedule

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
UCF is in. Temple needs to be rooting for the Buffalos of the world today

Reaction Score
They're a lock, no borderline top 25 team is being left out

I wouldn’t say that. They SHOULD be a lock. But in 2014, SMU was ranked the week of Selection Sunday and still didn’t get in.

Reaction Score
Jay Bilas: "all of the bubble teams stink!"
IF he said that he may or may not be accurate but it's a dumb thing to say. Maybe in relation to your lovely Duke team they "stink" but bubble teams have been known to make runs in the Tourney.

Also the "bubble" teams will be seeded 11th or 12th so doesn't that mean that all the teams in lesser conferences seeded 13 - 16 "stink"even more?.................I'm sure they all appreciate that being said about them.

Reaction Score
IF he said that he may or may not be accurate but it's a dumb thing to say. Maybe in relation to your lovely Duke team they "stink" but bubble teams have been known to make runs in the Tourney.

Also the "bubble" teams will be seeded 11th or 12th so doesn't that mean that all the teams in lesser conferences seeded 13 - 16 "stink"even more?.......I'm sure they all appreciate that being said about them.
The bubble teams do stink. This year is a really weak bubble

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom