OT: UCF Football Generated $205 Million In Exposure During 2018 Season | The Boneyard

OT: UCF Football Generated $205 Million In Exposure During 2018 Season

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
if its from the knockoff darren rovell it must be true

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
With all our bad press are we actually rich?

right - by the logic in this analysis noescalators is worth millions in ‘value’ to uconn

its amazing that a public institution is allowed to pay real money for something so patently ridiculous

Reaction Score
What do you know? I'm right again. UConn football is worthens f millions of earned media. We even get some from UConn-ECU.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score

Bad press is a whole lot better than no press at all. That's when you know you're in real trouble, because everyone has stopped caring.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
I like to think we got at least $205M with the The ConFLiCT fiasco.

Sigh actually, I don't like thinking about it at all.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
If this nonsense were true why would a school just hire troll farms to tweet about their school all day and the value is essentially infinite.

Yet they don’t. Weird.

Reaction Score
Sure - if you tried to buy that airtime / exposure that is what it would have cost (assuming the numbers are right). But there is a point where additional spend wouldn't give you any return. So that value isn't helpful. What would a school actually spend for whatever exposure they need? That's really the question at hand.

Successful teams end up with more exposure than they would have ever paid for - or need.

Reaction Score
If this nonsense were true why would a school just hire troll farms to tweet about their school all day and the value is essentially infinite.

Yet they don’t. Weird.

Well AD Dave had stopped twitting.

If we assume that the opposite of whatever he does is, in fact, right then...

Reaction Score
if its from the knockoff darren rovell it must be true
I mean in all fairness, it is just quoting a study that was commissioned by UCF. Not surprising they’d maybe polish those numbers a bit.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I mean in all fairness, it is just quoting a study that was commissioned by UCF. Not surprising they’d maybe polish those numbers a bit.

Or... Forbes which in theory is a legitimate publication partaking in journalism... could publish an article that is attached to reality rather than reprinting a nonsensical press release.

Not that it’s ‘important’ but some people will believe it and that’s embarrassing for them and Forbes.

Reaction Score
Or... Forbes which in theory is a legitimate publication partaking in journalism... could publish an article that is attached to reality rather than reprinting a nonsensical press release.

Not that it’s ‘important’ but some people will believe it and that’s embarrassing for them and Forbes.
This is pretty par for the course with Forbes.

Reaction Score
Soooo....I assume that old Michael Jackson tunes will reach a post death peak with $ millions being made.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score

There is no such thing as bad publicity*.

*Unless we're talking about recruiting, selling tickets, winning, getting teams to play against us here, conference realignment, Rentschler Field budget issues, dropping football, AAC media contract value, food truck sales, pigeon poo cleaning services, LAZ parking staffing, Silver Lane economic impact, on-campus stadium debates, Cabella's fish pond quality, charcoal grilling, etc...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom