• UCLA in a squeaker

Votes: 10 41.7%
  • Uarizona by 10+

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Uarizona in a squeaker

Votes: 9 37.5%

• Total voters
Reaction Score
So far the consensus with one exception is for a very close game.

Reaction Score
Close thinks one of the non-marquee players from this game will make a deciding impact.

Barnes anticipates UCLA will zone in this game.

Reaction Score
My favorite player in the country this year is probably Onyenwere. I'm excited to see if she's added to her perimeter game more.

Reaction Score
In my opinion, Arizona has the better roster and it’s not particularly close. I really like Close and Onyenwere, but UCLA’s deficiencies seem to follow them year after year. They lack a true big. I still could see this going either way, but Arizona has the higher ceiling to me.

With that in mind, credit to Close who always seems to have a board-crashing, defensively-sharp squad regardless of personnel limitations.

Reaction Score
My favorite player in the country this year is probably Onyenwere. I'm excited to see if she's added to her perimeter game more.
I wonder if she's going to match up against Cate Reese or Sam Thomas. They're going to both have their hands full if that's the case.

I'll be surprised if Reese scores 20 in the first half against the Bruins.

Reaction Score
Four and a half hours before tip and the current view of 2/3 of the boneyard is for a UCLA win.

Reaction Score
In my opinion, Arizona has the better roster and it’s not particularly close. I really like Close and Onyenwere, but UCLA’s deficiencies seem to follow them year after year. They lack a true big. I still could see this going either way, but Arizona has the higher ceiling to me.

With that in mind, credit to Close who always seems to have a board-crashing, defensively-sharp squad regardless of personnel limitations.
Seriously, UCLA has more talent at most starting positions. No depth, but you have to suit up your best five to win. Arizona may win if it is a game of attrition.

Reaction Score
Seriously, UCLA has more talent at most starting positions. No depth, but you have to suit up your best five to win. Arizona may win if it is a game of attrition.
Well at the half you certainly appear dead right. cate Reese is quiet as is McDonald's. UCLA is shooting the lights out of the ball against a Uarizona team that was trying to develop a defensive identity.

Reaction Score
I am sure this has been discussed to death elsewhere, so feel free to skip...

The thing that most reduces the enjoyment of viewing a basketball game for me is the intentional fouling at the end of games. It just prolongs the game with very low chances of changing the outcome.

I don't blame the coaches, they are taking advantage of the current rules, it is up to the administrators to introduce rules to deter unwanted behaviors. Side rant: Which is so disappointing that the Tennis hasn't implemented rules to counter the grunting. I used to enjoy but can't really watch anymore.

I would say introduce the 2 FT + possession for intentional fouling the last 2 minutes of a game but since that can be subjective, let's at least introduce the 2 FT + possession if they foul in their opponents back court during the last 2 minutes of a game.

That could take 8 to 9 seconds off the clock instead of currently only 1 or 2 seconds, per defensive possession.

Reaction Score

I wish this were true. I’d like to see Onyenwere get a conference title. But she doesn’t have much help around her. Osborne is it, really.

Arizona didn’t shoot very well tonight, but when you look at Baptiste/McDonald/Thomas/Reese/Pellington, I’m not sure UCLA’s roster wins out.

Reaction Score

Ugly win. Onyenwere's double double was the highlight for the Bruins.

Barnes had an interesting comment I thought. Arizona of late has drawn extraordinarily well. She said this would have been a sellout in any other time. She seemed to imply the lack of a crowd really affected the energy on the wildcat side.

I will say that last year's ASU - Uarizona
game down in Tucson was unbelievable. while not a sellout they had about 8,000 fans in Mckale and man those fans get into it

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Well, I will say in watching Arizona a lot last year that the Home crowd was awesome for the Wildcats and definitely helped them overachieve. That said, this years team is extremely talented and should not need that kind of push especially considering the situation that EVERYONE is in. For Adia to state that out loud is a bit obvious and dubious/reckless- Suck it up buttercup.
BTW, my ears are still bleeding from Listening to Joan Bonvincini announcing that game. Just in case you weren't sure, Joan used to coach AZ and Adia was one of her players...not sure if that came across :rolleyes::mad:

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
BTW, my ears are still bleeding from Listening to Joan Bonvincini announcing that game. Just in case you weren't sure, Joan used to coach AZ and Adia was one of her players...not sure if that came across :rolleyes:

Welcome to the Pac 12 Network. If something is worth saying once...you might as well repeat it several dozen times.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Well, I will say in watching Arizona a lot last year that the Home crowd was awesome for the Wildcats and definitely helped them overachieve. That said, this years team is extremely talented and should not need that kind of push especially considering the situation that EVERYONE is in. For Adia to state that out loud is a bit obvious and dubious/reckless- Suck it up buttercup.
BTW, my ears are still bleeding from Listening to Joan Bonvincini announcing that game. Just in case you weren't sure, Joan used to coach AZ and Adia was one of her players...not sure if that came across :rolleyes::mad:

I like listening to Joan Bonvicini.

CompSci87

Stanford fan
Reaction Score
I like listening to Joan Bonvicini.
She was a guest at a pregame Stanford chalk talk a few years ago while she was still coaching. She and Tara have known each other a long time, and it was really fun and funny listening to the two of them go back and forth with stories and quips.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
She was a guest at a pregame Stanford chalk talk a few years ago while she was still coaching. She and Tara have known each other a long time, and it was really fun and funny listening to the two of them go back and forth with stories and quips.
Joan has a very nice reputation in Tucson, which she earned, and she still lives in this area.

I don't get the PAC network (DirecTV) but back when there were fans our seats were next to Joan's position. Usually separated by an aisle, but they added some extra courtside seats for select games last year and for one game I had to slide down so that Joan could sit in my seat as she prepared to jump up and do the coach interview at the end of the half. Wild.

I have heard she is not everyone's cup of tea.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Joan has a very nice reputation in Tucson, which she earned, and she still lives in this area. (I too, have heard she's been great for the community -it's her announcing of AZ games I loathe...and I am a UofA fan....)

I have heard she is not everyone's cup of tea.
I am a coffee guy... ;)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom