UALR coach Joe Foley gives his Sun Belt COY award to Angel Elderkin | The Boneyard

UALR coach Joe Foley gives his Sun Belt COY award to Angel Elderkin

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
FYI, Jim Foley is a name many people are bringing up in connection with the Arkansas opening.

He has twice taken UALR to the 2nd round of the NCAA tournament, most recently in 2015, when they entered as a #6 seed, beat #11 Texas A&M and then almost beat #3 Arizona State in Tempe.

Plebe

Reaction Score
FYI, Jim Foley is a name many people are bringing up in connection with the Arkansas opening.

He has twice taken UALR to the 2nd round of the NCAA tournament, most recently in 2015, when they entered as a #6 seed, beat #11 Texas A&M and then almost beat #3 Arizona State in Tempe.

Oops, I got that reversed. UALR was a #11 and beat #6 Texas A&M in the first round.

Reaction Score
All best wishes to her for her recovery, and a salute to him for such a beautiful gesture. A good reminder to us all that there are things more important than basketball.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
That was a classy thing to do.

I remember watching that UALR-ASU game.... and felt so terrible for the Little Rock squad. They had the lead the whole game up until the final minute. I was looking forward to seeing a big underdog in the Sweet 16...... it would have been a great story.... especially since they would have played here in Greensboro. Instead of Florida State-Little Rock... I had to watch that boring Sun team in person. Head bang

Plebe

Reaction Score
Instead of Florida State-Little Rock... I had to watch that boring Sun team in person. Head bang
If I recall correctly, that was the year ASU lost to Florida State in the Sweet 16 by one measly point.
You mean you're not mesmerized or riveted by hockey substitutions and tenacious D?

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
If I recall correctly, that was the year ASU lost to Florida State in the Sweet 16 by one measly point.
You mean you're not mesmerized or riveted by hockey substitutions and tenacious D?

Yep... 66-65.......... and i stayed til the bitter end.

But you have to understand my point of view.... I walked in the coliseum about 6pm...... watched the thrilling UNC vs Baby Carolina matchup...... it was a close game too.... so the tip off of the FSU-ASU game was around 10pm. I didnt leave the coliseum til 12:15 in the morning. :confused: Did I mention I didnt eat before the game... and I only ate a candy bar during the first game......... so I was hungry and :mad: the game took so long.

Sorry to derail this thread. :oops:

Plebe

Reaction Score
Yep... 66-65..... and i stayed til the bitter end.

But you have to understand my point of view.... I walked in the coliseum about 6pm. watched the thrilling UNC vs Baby Carolina matchup. it was a close game too.... so the tip off of the FSU-ASU game was around 10pm. I didnt leave the coliseum til 12:15 in the morning. :confused: Did I mention I didnt eat before the game... and I only ate a candy bar during the first game.... so I was hungry and :mad: the game took so long.

Sorry to derail this thread. :oops:

Wow, ASU broke 60. You got lucky.

I enjoy personal anecdotes like this one, and it's part of what makes this board fun. You can derail my threads anytime ;)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom