OT: - UAlbany guys quitting for bigger program | The Boneyard

OT: UAlbany guys quitting for bigger program

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Sarcasm is the default.

No disrespect to Albany - they were better than UConn this year but they just chased off better prospects.

Reaction Score
Albany finished 4th in America East. Let’s load up on their guys.

#nearcornellnotcornell
Watched them play Vermont this year. Not great competition, but that Cremo kid has a beautiful stroke and good size for a 2. I would take him in a heartbeat if we had an open scholarship to use on a grad transfer. Solid assist to turnover numbers too just looking at his stats now. Definitely could play at a high major school. Nichols not so much.

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
Lol. I can't believe you actually said this Sorry but i do not want to load up on a bunch of guys finishing 4th in AE. Wait, was this sarcasm? Please say yes

Issac Vann is a good example of AE talent outside AE. He played at Maine in 15-16, posted double doubles, was All-Rookie team, averaged over 15 PPG. Transferred to VCU and, as a sophomore this past year, averaged 10 and 4. Those numbers are not so dissimilar from Antwoine Anderson in the same conference.

Crespo could be a nice piece. But if we end up spending one of our 3 scholarships on him, it's a red flag IMHO.

All that said, don't poop on America East as it has produced some great players in prior and current iterations!

Reaction Score
Issac Vann is a good example of AE talent outside AE. He played at Maine in 15-16, posted double doubles, was All-Rookie team, averaged over 15 PPG. Transferred to VCU and, as a sophomore this past year, averaged 10 and 4. Those numbers are not so dissimilar from Antwoine Anderson in the same conference.

Crespo could be a nice piece. But if we end up spending one of our 3 scholarships on him, it's a red flag IMHO.

All that said, don't poop on America East as it has produced some great players in prior and current iterations!

Wouldn't be a red flag at all. It could mean nothing more than we don't have 3 guys available late that we think will help us over the long term, and we'd rather use at least 1 of the schollies on someone who will be gone after next season and won't interfere with next year's class.

Goodness knows, if we remain a guard oriented team where we're going to play with 3 guards some of the time, I would like to have 5 guards on the roster.

Reaction Score
I’ve watched Cremo play in HS and college. Expected to graduate in 3 years and can play immediately. Probably worth a look. A real gym rat always trying to get better. Thought he had best situation at Albany, and shocked to see him leave. Rumors have possible offers from a Texas school and one other. Plays Adams’ position as a 2 who can also play the point. He wants to play up immediately and probably would not look at UConn as a place where he could play right away. The Nichols kid is a very streaky shooter, prone to bad decisions on the court. Got suspended this past year. Hopefully, we can do better elsewhere.

Reaction Score
I’ve seen Cremo as a kid that could really help. He’s a glue guy. Decent height for a guard: easily gets to the rim and great stroke. From a local suburban Program near Schenectady, he hustles and plays hard. Defense. Rebounds. Coachable.

Despite the snarky comments, he’s a guy who just gets missed in the AAU world. Could be a Giffey/Kromah Wing with great leadership components. Just good Basketball IQ and stroke.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom