U19 Recap, boxscore

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
13_wu19_aus_gallery_15.jpg
LINK

"Behind game-highs of 23 points and eight rebounds from Breanna Stewart (Connecticut / North Syracuse, N.Y.), the 2013 USA U19 World Championship Team (8-0) knocked off a strong Australia (6-2) team in the 2013 FIBA U19 World Championship semifinal contest on Saturday night in Klaipeda, Lithuania."

Stewart, huh? I hadn't heard of her. But Moriah's focus is reminiscent of my border collie's stare.

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
We, also, now can see the secret to Moriah's quickness. She floats over the floor and hence no friction to slow her down.
Hmm. I thought those shoes were only allowed in air hockey.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
We, also, now can see the secret to Moriah's quickness. She floats over the floor and hence no friction to slow her down.

Splendid observation, Ice

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
In the game thread folks were complaining about the USA foul calls - I think it is one of the issues with transition to international play - they call lots of fouls for reach-ins and hand checks but let lots of body contact go. I did think a number of the USA players were using their hands too much.

On another note - she has a great great game, but she sure can look goofy sometimes. Exhibit #1: (Just love the feet and knees.)
13_wu19_aus_gallery_01.JPG

And yes - she looks like she has been doing some serious weight work on the arms and shoulders.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
In the game thread folks were complaining about the USA foul calls - I think it is one of the issues with transition to international play - they call lots of fouls for reach-ins and hand checks but let lots of body contact go. I did think a number of the USA players were using their hands too much.

On another note - she has a great great game, but she sure can look goofy sometimes. Exhibit #1: (Just love the feet and knees.)
13_wu19_aus_gallery_01.JPG

And yes - she looks like she has been doing some serious weight work on the arms and shoulders.
Her teammates will tell you she IS goofy

Reaction Score
New recruiting tool.Goofy in some ways. Diana,and Maya,roll of the eyes,Steph,dancing.Breanna,varied. If goofy in some ways leads to these kind of players,get me more of them!!!lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom