U19 All Tournament Team Article | The Boneyard

U19 All Tournament Team Article

Status
Not open for further replies.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Thanks Wbb. I guess we do not want to miss next week's article highlighting Stewie. His earlier articles suggested he was more than impressed. While on the subject of the U19 Tourney: Was anyone else impressed with the camera work? I don't remember any better frankly. The close camera work was great without chopping up the game. Impressive all around.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I thought FIBA and the host nation did a really really nice job all around. I enjoyed the on air talent - minimalist beyond calling the game, but with nice little editorial quips - like when - shockingly - Stewart missed a free throw. Web site and live stats and tournament stats were really good too. Would have enjoyed a few more replays - like on the play when Epoupa got injured - but I agree - again, sort of minimalist but very effective in actually remaining focused on the action.
And thanks Wbbfan1 for posting these articles - I really enjoyed getting a European flavored take on the games and he writes well. Getting information about the European scene which really is the life blood of the women's professional game is good. It would be nice if some sports network in the USA would devote just a little bit of their resources to covering the world scene. There are a ton of US nationals that make their living in Europe or Asia, many more than those that also play in the WNBA.
(And I am depending on you to post his next article!)

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
The ONLY players mentioned from Team USA were Stewie (MVP), Tuck and Harper. Kudos to the UCONN'ers! I guess they do more that just "like to shoot"...

Reaction Score
From a guy who covers the European scene, which has many of the American players who make most of their money there, being mentioned at all in his column is a high complement.

Reaction Score
Watch out for Jamie Wiesner. Oregon State has her the next 4 years and she IS the real deal !
Wonderful praise for Stewie and Morgan. But we could have told him that, eh !

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
He missed out on Moriah who in a pretty quiet way had a stellar tournament. Hard to get the recognition without scoring big or assisting big (or both) but defense and running the team really well was what she excelled at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom