U.S. Basketball Writers Association All American Team | The Boneyard

U.S. Basketball Writers Association All American Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The USBWA First Team All-Americans are: Russ Smith, Shabazz Napier, Nick Johnson, Jabari Parker, Doug McDermott.

Ouch, no Kilkpatrick.

This is part of the teams that is going to make a consensus selection. The thing that hurts Bazz a little it here is Johnson's inclusion over Kilpatrick. The last spot on the consensus team is likely going to be between Napier and Johnson, but given this, it may actually be between them and Kilpatrick.

What's surprising to me is that Russ Smith is ALWAYS on the first team over either Napier and Kilpatrick.

Reaction Score
Ouch, no Kilkpatrick.

This is part of the teams that is going to make a consensus selection. The thing that hurts Bazz a little it here is Johnson's inclusion over Kilpatrick. The last spot on the consensus team is likely going to be between Napier and Johnson, but given this, it may actually be between them and Kilpatrick.

What's surprising to me is that Russ Smith is ALWAYS on the first team over either Napier and Kilpatrick.
I believe this is the first of the four publications used for the Consensus team to release their team. Last year the 5 chosen by the USBWA were the 5 who made the consensus team, so this is big indication.

Reaction Score
Jerry1714 said:
I believe this is the first of the four publications used for the Consensus team to release their team. Last year the 5 chosen by the USBWA were the 5 who made the consensus team, so this is big indication.
I think Sporting News is used too, which had Shabazz on 2nd team.

Reaction Score

The bizarre thing about TSN is that the only people who have ever written anything about college bball on staff are DeCourcy and two young 20 somethings who look like interns, a guy and a gal.

How does that qualify as a good source?

SI at least had 10 different writers voting.

Reaction Score
Ah I did not realize they released theirs. Yes, it is USBWA, Sporting News, AP, and the NABC that are used I think.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Instead of consensus first team all American, just call him consensus all American. Simple.

Reaction Score
I've watched Arizona play twice, against Stanford and I can't remember who else and I simply don't see Nick Johnson as that good. I've only seen kilpatrick play twice and thought he's better. Is NJ benefitting from being the best player on a very good team or did I just catch two mediocre performances (everyone had them, bazz included)?

Reaction Score
Nick Johnson is good but Shabazz, Kilpatrick and Russ Smith are all better. Arizona's team is stacked with talent and their frontcourt is absolutely loaded so Nick Johnson doesn't have to carry the load like Bazz and Kilpatrick do. With all of the talent Arizona has there is still definitely something missing with them.

Reaction Score
I've watched Arizona play twice, against Stanford and I can't remember who else and I simply don't see Nick Johnson as that good. I've only seen kilpatrick play twice and thought he's better. Is NJ benefitting from being the best player on a very good team or did I just catch two mediocre performances (everyone had them, bazz included)?
Nic Johnson is really good. He deserves 2nd team AA, not first though.

Reaction Score
This year on our team Bazz could easily average 25+ ppgs. He is our only consistent 'high' scorer with no one else close.

Even though he has the perpetual green light, he is so too unselfish, particularly in the 1st half of games, giving up at least 8-10 ppgs right there.

Similarly with assists, he does not have the best receivers/finishers in the country, losing about 5 assists per game.

The sad part is that I'm sure the media/voters are unaware of these important facts.

We are losing because teams are shutting Bazz down or perhaps consequently when he doesn't play well. We are a one man team, if there ever was one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom