Tyrese Martin signs with the Brooklyn Nets | The Boneyard

Tyrese Martin signs with the Brooklyn Nets

Reaction Score
No details on the contract, but congrats Tyrese!

Here was my write-up on him after the Summer League, where he played with Brooklyn

Tyrese Martin - 4 games
11.5 PPG, 3.8 RPG. 46.9% FG, 42.1% 3P, 80.0% FT
  • I've been saying for years that Tyrese is the perfect role player. 6'7, athletic, strong, and now can shoot well enough to demand respect beyond the arc
  • After 2 slow games, he came alive with 16 points on 6-7 shooting and 19 points on 5-10 in his last 2
  • I think someone should, at the minimum, have him at the top of their G League team. But Martin feels like an NBA role player to me. He's 25 and ready to contribute

Reaction Score
He has had an on again off again relationship with the Nets. Hopefully he can get over the hump.

Reaction Score
Tyrese had huge jumps in his A/TO ratio and his assist rate last year which I think probably could have got him over that hump had he maintained the shooting efficiency from his rookie year. It seems like they definitely want him to play guard and not wing, so that will be important.

He has absolutely shown he can produce given enough volume, he just needs to prove he can be efficient and make good decisions consistently. He’s always put up great numbers in the G League (averages 18pts and 8 boards), but he shot 15% from 3 during his short NBA stint with the Hawks and has never got another shot.

Really, really pulling for him as always. Special place in my heart after that article about him finding a warehouse job to support his family during Covid

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom