Tyrese Martin eager to experience UConn Nation | The Boneyard

Tyrese Martin eager to experience UConn Nation

Reaction Score
“Looking forward to seeing what UConn Nation is,” Martin said. “Without the fans last year it was rough, just going out there every day having only about 20 people in the crowd. But now you go out there and there’s going to be filled up seats. The fans are excited but we're even more excited to play in front of them.”

Hopefully by now everyone knows the tricks on how to read New Haven Register articles.

Reaction Score
It’s never really mentioned much but sold out arena’s and rabid fans are big in both recruitment and a player’s staying. This past year really hurt the experience.

Reaction Score
I heard a rumor that Tyrese Martin is eager to experience UConn Nation. It's a good thing, right?
I think he needs to experience our UConn chant with YOU leading the way. What do you think?

Last edited:
Reaction Score

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Sooooo.... article posted, Tyrese Martin at the SG with the ball in his hands more instead of playing on the wing.

Yeah, I thought that was possible. SG is the one position that is a crapshoot at the moment. Gaffney, Hawkins, Martin. He really is a pretty good ball handler. Brought it up for us many times, and helped against the press.

Glad he and Cole get to experience real UConn home fans. I think it should help us. Lots of guys like Whaley really need that energy.

Reaction Score
The idea of Martin at SG is going to give me nightmares for the next 3 months until the season starts

Reaction Score
“Martin — now with a focus on playing the one and two as opposed to the three or four”

“Gaffney and sophomore Andre Jackson will jockey for position at the shooting guard spot”

I hope AJs shot has improved enough

Interesting lineup….

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Jumping the gun.

I put 50/50 odds that by November we could be back to limited capacity.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
The idea of Martin at SG is going to give me nightmares for the next 3 months until the season starts

As the article says, when Bouk was out and he was thrust into that role, he shot 43% from 3. But the way we and almost every team plays it doesn't matter on offense. Defensively, it will be matchups. If he's with Andre he probably guards the 2. If Gaff, he probably guards the 3. That's why he's so useful, he can guard 2-4.

Reaction Score
Tyrese looks like a good shooter at times but when he goes cold it gets real ugly.

Reaction Score
As the article says, when Bouk was out and he was thrust into that role, he shot 43% from 3. But the way we and almost every team plays it doesn't matter on offense. Defensively, it will be matchups. If he's with Andre he probably guards the 2. If Gaff, he probably guards the 3. That's why he's so useful, he can guard 2-4.
It would be incredibly useful on defense but the offense would be beyond brutal. A PG and 4 non-shooters with Martin, Jackson, Whaley, Sanogo will be lucky to break 40 points

Reaction Score
So curious to see what Tyrese, Gaff, and Andre bring this season. All have a lot of potential and I believe they are hard workers. Would love to hear a little more about what’s going on at summer practices even if it’s exaggerated

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom