Tyler Summitt new assistant at Marquette | The Boneyard

Tyler Summitt new assistant at Marquette

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
From all accounts he should enjoy being part of Teri Mitchell's staff. There's a lot to like about her and her program.

In an otherwise nice story about a big step for him, I found this comment odd: "I'm excited to be in the Big East. Mom quit playing Geno (Auriemma, coach at Connecticut); I guess I'll be forced to play him.''

I guess so.

Reaction Score
From all accounts he should enjoy being part of Teri Mitchell's staff. There's a lot to like about her and her program.

In an otherwise nice story about a big step for him, I found this comment odd: "I'm excited to be in the Big East. Mom quit playing Geno (Auriemma, coach at Connecticut); I guess I'll be forced to play him.''

I guess so.

Sounds like Tyler just might have a sense of humor!!! Love it!

Reaction Score
Amazing....Geno is already in the head of an assistant coach with his first job. He makes all the right statements about learning from all his coaches and formulating his own approach then makes a statement as dumb as a basketball....

BooRadley

CPL Boo, USMC
Reaction Score
"I'm excited to be in the Big East. Mom quit playing Geno (Auriemma, coach at Connecticut); I guess I'll be forced to play him.''

For a group of people that abuse the word "classy" by both misuse and overuse, I am always reminded of: Your keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Your Ol' Pal Inigo BooMontoya

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
From one of the great movies

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score

I guess so.

Sounds like he might pull a Demoss and refuse to shake Geno's hand.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I think it's Tyler's sense of humor. If he really wanted to avoid Geno, he would have taken a different job. Tyler's humor shows up again at the end of the article.

Reaction Score
Does it strike anyone else as odd that Tyler would take a job way out of town, given his mother's condition and his only child status?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Does it strike anyone else as odd that Tyler would take a job way out of town, given his mother's condition and his only child status?
It is striking. Maybe they are very comfortable with her support system. Maybe he felt a need to start his career. Maybe Pat pushed him to get started. Maybe a lot of other things.

Reaction Score
Amazing....Geno is already in the head of an assistant coach with his first job. He makes all the right statements about learning from all his coaches and formulating his own approach then makes a statement as dumb as a basketball....
Couldn't believe he said that. Shows the power of Pat in Orangeland. Or do people think he got the job on his own? My guess is the plan is to give him a year of experience, appoint him head coach somewhere, then he'll return to Tenn to replace Holly and resurrect the program. I'm sure that makes perfect sense in Tennessee.

Reaction Score
It's strange that he's 21, and I bet they'll be players on the team as old if not older than he is...

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
It's strange that he's 21, and I bet they'll be players on the team as old if not older than he is...
If it were DePaul, he'd be younger than the entire team. :)

Reaction Score
As an only child myself, I know I never would have wanted to leave her side. BUT - if Pat is like my dad, she probably told Tyler that his life was just beginning and seeing him succeed was the best medicine anyone could give her.

Good parents are smart - and unselfish - like that:)

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Good for him. I think this is a great move.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom