Tyler Polley signs with Greek team PAOK | The Boneyard

Tyler Polley signs with Greek team PAOK

Reaction Score
Translated (google translate - don’t blame me)

Tyler Polley at PAOK mateco
KAE PAOK mateco announces the agreement with American forward Tyler Polley, who will play in our team for the 2022-2023 season. We welcome Tyler to the PAOK family. Tyler Polley was born on April 7, 1999 in Weston, Florida, he is 2.06m tall and plays as a forward. He started playing basketball at Sagemont School and in 2017 he found himself in the excellent program of the famous University of Connecticut. He played five seasons with the Huskies, providing many solutions with his long shot. He hit a total of 185 3-pointers during his college career and in 135 games with the Huskies. He graduated from the 2021-22 season, having played in 33 games with Connecticut and in 20.3 minutes of participation per game, he had 7.6 points, 1.6 rebounds, with percentages: 89.7% from the field and 35% from the three . Check out Tyler Polley's highlights from last season (2021-22) with Connecticut HERE. PAOK mateco will be the first team of the professional career of Tyler Polley, who comes from a sports family. Tommy's father was an American Football player. He played six years in the NFL and in 2002 participated in the Super Bowl with the Rams.

Reaction Score
Well, there are no great beaches in easy reach, since PAOK is in a northern port, but this is one of the biggest teams, which makes his signing a surprise. In other words, there will be stiff competition for him. RJ Cole will play for a much smaller team.

Reaction Score
Know nothing about their basketball, but PAOK are probably the third-biggest soccer club in the country, so sounds like a relatively big-time signing. Psyched for Tyler!!

Reaction Score
Well, there are no great beaches in easy reach, since PAOK is in a northern port, but this is one of the biggest teams, which makes his signing a surprise. In other words, there will be stiff competition for him. RJ Cole will play for a much smaller team.
Isn't PAOK in Thessaloniki? I saw this when I searched for Thessaloniki.

While Athens has the edge on Thessaloniki for islands, Thessaloniki has Athens beat for beaches. Few people know that some of the most beautiful beaches in Greece are not on the islands but rather in the Halkidiki peninsula, a short bus ride or drive from Thessaloniki.

Sounds like a nice place for a young guy to live.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
They don't have road trips in the Greek league?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I think he can thrive there if his shot is falling.

Reaction Score
Translated (google translate - don’t blame me)

Tyler Polley at PAOK mateco
KAE PAOK mateco announces the agreement with American forward Tyler Polley, who will play in our team for the 2022-2023 season. We welcome Tyler to the PAOK family. Tyler Polley was born on April 7, 1999 in Weston, Florida, he is 2.06m tall and plays as a forward. He started playing basketball at Sagemont School and in 2017 he found himself in the excellent program of the famous University of Connecticut. He played five seasons with the Huskies, providing many solutions with his long shot. He hit a total of 185 3-pointers during his college career and in 135 games with the Huskies. He graduated from the 2021-22 season, having played in 33 games with Connecticut and in 20.3 minutes of participation per game, he had 7.6 points, 1.6 rebounds, with percentages: 89.7% from the field and 35% from the three . Check out Tyler Polley's highlights from last season (2021-22) with Connecticut HERE. PAOK mateco will be the first team of the professional career of Tyler Polley, who comes from a sports family. Tommy's father was an American Football player. He played six years in the NFL and in 2002 participated in the Super Bowl with the Rams.
It's unbelievable that a computer program can translate that well.

Reaction Score
I was worried about him because he battled so many injuries since the season ended, but he was able to cash in on some of the connections he has and ended up with a solid deal. Happy for him. Go be great, Ty!

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Will he play against RJ or are they different leagues within Greece?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
So happy for Polley. Fingers crossed that @HuskyHawk doesn’t call PAOK’s GM to provide his personal scouting report on Tyler.
I wish him nothing but happiness and tremendous success. This is good news for him.

Reaction Score
Great news. I'd been worried by all the quiet surrounding him but it sounds like he's landed in a good spot.

Reaction Score
Isn't PAOK in Thessaloniki? I saw this when I searched for Thessaloniki.

While Athens has the edge on Thessaloniki for islands, Thessaloniki has Athens beat for beaches. Few people know that some of the most beautiful beaches in Greece are not on the islands but rather in the Halkidiki peninsula, a short bus ride or drive from Thessaloniki.

Sounds like a nice place for a young guy to live.

I still don't think these beaches hold a candle to Sounio BUT... they are very nice and NOT a short bus ride away, lol. Unless you consider a 2 1/2 hour drive (not bus) nearby. But anyway, that may be near enough. The island of Thassos is also 3 1/2 hours away.

Reaction Score
I still don't think these beaches hold a candle to Sounio BUT... they are very nice and NOT a short bus ride away, lol. Unless you consider a 2 1/2 hour drive (not bus) nearby. But anyway, that may be near enough. The island of Thassos is also 3 1/2 hours away.
Yeah I would not consider 2 1/2 hours away a short bus ride! It's not like you can wake up and say to yourself, "Let's go to the beach and hang out today before our game tonight."

Reaction Score
Yeah I would not consider 2 1/2 hours away a short bus ride! It's not like you can wake up and say to yourself, "Let's go to the beach and hang out today before our game tonight."
Yes exactly. But tourist boards see things a different way. Don't blame them

Reaction Score
Congratulations, Tyler. Play basketball in a beautiful country and get paid to do it.:)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jamie Taco

Top Bottom