Tyler Phommachanh | The Boneyard

Tyler Phommachanh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Nate Carter, Keelan Marion, Aaron Turner. All freshman. Brian Brewton as well? Then you have Matt Drayton and Cam Ross hopefully back next year? That's a nice nucleus of young offensive guys. The next coach's 1st job has to be to recruit these guys to buy into what he wants to do.

Reaction Score
There is no doubt our freshmen are more talented than most of the upper classmen. The well isn't dry, and there are pieces the next coach can get excited about.

Tyler Phommachanh is the type of QB that can really make this spread offense shine. I really hope they put him in some spread option plays to truly showcase his talent.

Any future coach should be excited about a talent like Tyler Phommachanh.

Reaction Score
Red zone and they scored.

That is what separates one QB from like 7 others. Leading into that spot - even with the help of multiple penalties from the other team - he had the confidence of the staff and then his RB; the line blocking was excellent. All good.

Reaction Score
He played ok. Bright future for him. However three dropped ints one called back on a penalty which would of been 5. Then 6/23 in the second half passing is concerning as well as the batted balls. Nothing a little coaching can’t fix

Reaction Score
I mean if you gonna count dropped ints why not dropped passes as well?
Said would have and the dropped passes is nuts too not as bad today as previous weeks. But when that many passes hits a dB in the chest agains a better team it’s going the other way which is why I said get coached up on it

Reaction Score
The line to me looks like a mess still. Kid was under constant pressure.
Line blocked fairly well. Tyler P needs to be able to find his secondary receivers more quickly.He has too many passes blocked - needs to throw in lanes. Receivers also have to get more separation; there were instances when he had time but nobody to throw to.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
He played ok. Bright future for him. However three dropped ints one called back on a penalty which would of been 5. Then 6/23 in the second half passing is concerning as well as the batted balls. Nothing a little coaching can’t fix
We get it...you are a Steven Krajewski fan...but we are UConn fans. We don't root for one player...we root for the team.

It's fine that you are only here to root for Steven Krajewski...but taking shots at the QB who started the only game this year where the offense looked competent is probably not going to win you friends on here.

Reaction Score
We get it...you are a Steven Krajewski fan...but we are UConn fans. We don't root for one player...we root for the team.

It's fine that you are only here to root for Steven Krajewski...but taking shots at the QB who started the only game this year where the offense looked competent is probably not going to win you friends on here.
1. I did not mention Steven Krajewski.
2. I stated that Tyler Phommachanh played well and has a bright future
3. What I did state is in fact not untrue. He was 6/23 was he not. We’re there blocked passes and room for5 ints that one was called back on a penalty and three went right through dbsbhabds.
4. If saying that’s concerning and hopefully can be corrected with coaching is not taking a shot at a player. Do you see what 90 percent of the people on this board say about players?

im sorry that I pointed out facts and sometimes that hurts peoples feelings that we were beat on every stat line and tps completion percentage was less than 50. But that is not taking shots at a player. The kid is the future of this program as long as they don’t Donnovan him and burn him out too early in his career. He is a great athlete. But I’m not gonna say he’s the second coming of Russel Wilson like some people have said after a mediocre performance. However there is a lot to build off of with his raw talent. That was the most unbiased analysis I could do used straight facts. And there were a few dropped balls in there but a major improvement from last two games. Have a great Sunday and go huskies

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
The line to me looks like a mess still. Kid was under constant pressure.

I have to say that while the O-Line still didn't look capable of opening up very many holes for the run game, they really did do a decent job of giving Tyler time to do things in the passing game.

Part of that was Tyler's ability to move left or right to compensate for the changing pocket, but the other part was some good blocking. It was probably the first game I could say that, and that includes a game against a 1-AA team...

Reaction Score
I mean if you gonna count dropped ints why not dropped passes as well?
I agree, but in this game the receivers did a better job of holding onto the ball. Not too many dropped passes like the previous game

Reaction Score
Constant pressure? This was the best game the O-Line has played. Even the commentators said how much time he had to set up in the pocket. If you want to see the definition of constant pressure just replay the Purdue and Fresno games.
I agree - let’s not get carried away with the “constant pressure” - there were times though in red zone - especially the last play of the game - were the O Line did let their guard down a bit - made it tougher than it should have been. But Tyler had all day long to throw at times yesterday - even the announcers commented on that!

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I couldn’t believe that play call on the 2PC. There’s not enough room to have a successful screen pass down there.

Also still too many instances of handing the ball off 6 yards behind the line of scrimmage. This offense is definitely starting to click though.

Reaction Score
Actually, I was telling my son out of all the games in College Football the UConn Wyoming game would be the very last one I would bet on - a terrible game by any measurment.

Why you say? You’ve got a huge point spread against a team (Uconn) Full of unknowns. They are playing freshman that actually have flashes of excellence– Like Tyler Phommachanh who looked a little Russell Wilson esque last week.

So I don’t feel bad at all for the bettor who lost 100K - you can’t fix stupid.

Reaction Score
1. I did not mention Steven Krajewski.
2. I stated that Tyler Phommachanh played well and has a bright future
3. What I did state is in fact not untrue. He was 6/23 was he not. We’re there blocked passes and room for5 ints that one was called back on a penalty and three went right through dbsbhabds.
4. If saying that’s concerning and hopefully can be corrected with coaching is not taking a shot at a player. Do you see what 90 percent of the people on this board say about players?

im sorry that I pointed out facts and sometimes that hurts peoples feelings that we were beat on every stat line and tps completion percentage was less than 50. But that is not taking shots at a player. The kid is the future of this program as long as they don’t Donnovan him and burn him out too early in his career. He is a great athlete. But I’m not gonna say he’s the second coming of Russel Wilson like some people have said after a mediocre performance. However there is a lot to build off of with his raw talent. That was the most unbiased analysis I could do used straight facts. And there were a few dropped balls in there but a major improvement from last two games. Have a great Sunday and go huskies
Donovan or Boyle are not good comparisons, maybe Danno. He is confident and can play

Reaction Score
I agree - let’s not get carried away with the “constant pressure” - there were times though in red zone - especially the last play of the game - were the O Line did let their guard down a bit - made it tougher than it should have been. But Tyler had all day long to throw at times yesterday - even the announcers commented on that!
You guys saw a different game than i did. When we blitzed we got no where near their QB. Our guy was sacked, pressured into an intentional grounding, and generally using his feet to buy time the whole game. Were there a few nice pockets? Sure, but i for one look forward to a different OL coach. Perhaps their best game, but we are coming from a place where an FCS line manhandled us. Wish Vandenmark had another year. He's the best by a mile.

Reaction Score
I couldn’t believe that play call on the 2PC. There’s not enough room to have a successful screen pass down there.

Also still too many instances of handing the ball off 6 yards behind the line of scrimmage. This offense is definitely starting to click though.

I was thinking they might roll Tyler Phommachanh right and let him use his legs. I believe he if that pass gets to the receiver he scores.

Reaction Score
You guys saw a different game than i did. When we blitzed we got no where near their QB. Our guy was sacked, pressured into an intentional grounding, and generally using his feet to buy time the whole game. Were there a few nice pockets? Sure, but i for one look forward to a different OL coach. Perhaps their best game, but we are coming from a place where an FCS line manhandled us. Wish Vandenmark had another year. He's the best by a mile.

Agree. Lost track of the # of times Tyler Phommachanh had to scramble to buy time, then throw it out of bounds.

Some have been scoffing that defensive penalties were the main reasons why we were able to score on our 2nd half drives (they were), BUT let’s not overlook the fact that Tyler Phommachanh had to scramble to keep the play alive long enough to throw the ball to the receiver to cause the DB to interfere with the play. If we had a non-mobile pocket passer, those plays would have been sacks!

Reaction Score
I think we have a star in the making!! I think Tyler Phommachanh got the wheels. I might see if I can find the game on YT. I'm just hoping that no one will transfer out after the season, I think if a coach will talk the them, maybe they'll stick around and help rebuild UConn. I believe this season is NOT lost...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom